Heading to Calica, cpl of ?'s

Jessylynn

We are heading to Calica in a about a month and a half. We are planning on jumping into a taxi and heading to PDC. We want to find a nice beach that is by shopping and restuarants. I dont care if it is crowded or what. As long as they have room for 2 beach towels. My plan is to plant myself on a towel or a chair and relax. I know when we were in Cozumel we had to pay to go to Paradise Beach, but how much does it cost to go to a beach like the one I described in Playa? What are the basic directions to the beach after we have the taxi drop us off in Playa?

We are heading to Calica in a about a month and a half. We are planning on jumping into a taxi and heading to PDC. We want to find a nice beach that is by shopping and restuarants. I dont care if it is crowded or what. As long as they have room for 2 beach towels. My plan is to plant myself on a towel or a chair and relax. I know when we were in Cozumel we had to pay to go to Paradise Beach, but how much does it cost to go to a beach like the one I described in Playa? What are the basic directions to the beach after we have the taxi drop us off in Playa?

The beach in PDC basically runs most of the length of the town - so just ask the driver to drop you off close to the beach and have him point you in the right direction. Then wander along the beach until you see a spot where you want to drop your towel. The beach is public but of course if you want to use tables or loungers belonging to any of the restaurants or bars, you will be expected to buy something.

• 2 weeks later...

Just have the cab drop you on avenue 5 near the ferry pier. Everything you're looking for is within sight from there. Walk up or down 5 for awhile - great shopping (be sure to haggle - and be ready to pay in $ and get pesos for change) and great food. There's a little sidewalk open-air restaurant/bar with log framing in the ceiling. It's north of the pier about 3 or 4 blocks and is on the beach side of the street. Can't remember the name, but they have an absolutely AWESOME seafood enchilada with a white cream sauce. Also great margaritas and the tortilla chips are way different - much thicker than Doritos!! Had a couple of street musicians stop by and play a few sets while we were there last year! After you shop and eat enough, just wander down to the beach and hang out for the rest of the afternoon. It's that easy!!

Archived