Lost and Found Help

2IfByC

I left my cell phone (and a book I had just started) on the Victory during disembarkation. I left both items in our stateroom. I realized what happened and called Carnival within 2 hours to report the lost items. They explained everything to me and told me it could be several weeks before we even know if it was turned in. It's been 10 days and still no sign of the phone. I'm hoping it will be sent to Miami then on to me soon...

While I'm waiting (and chewing off my fingernails) I thought I'd find out how others have fared getting left behind articles back from Carnival?

Anyone gotten lucky and gotten their stuff back? How long did it take?

Thanks.

I left my cell phone (and a book I had just started) on the Victory during disembarkation. I left both items in our stateroom. I realized what happened and called Carnival within 2 hours to report the lost items. They explained everything to me and told me it could be several weeks before we even know if it was turned in. It's been 10 days and still no sign of the phone. I'm hoping it will be sent to Miami then on to me soon...

While I'm waiting (and chewing off my fingernails) I thought I'd find out how others have fared getting left behind articles back from Carnival?

Anyone gotten lucky and gotten their stuff back? How long did it take?

Thanks.

Sorry about the loss. It is really hard to say what the chances are that you will get your phone back. I would guess that it varies as much as the individuals working on the ship.

You may want to check with the next Roll Call going on that cruise and see if someone would offer to double check with your Cabin Steward. Couldn't hurt.

One poster was livid about the lack of help they get with something left in the safe...

Literally weeks later, they posted that it had been returned to them by Carnival, you can probably find it in the search. They have a process for this, it does take time though, nothing you can do but be patient, I am sure it makes you doubly impatient that it is your own fault, I hate those...

My daughter left ALL her bathing suits (six of them puppies):p , pj's, bra's, panties, etc (forgot to empty out her drawer) on our cruise in June.:o We chalked it up to "live and learn" and didn't bother to contact carnival. Well lo and behold a month or so later we received a package from Carnival, it was ALL of her stuff! I immediately sent Carnival an email thanking them for their thoughtfulness, I guess one of them had a daugther or was a female and knew how much money was tied up in those suits!:D We still laugh about it, our room steward was male!:eek:

Someone from our Miracle roll call left a special photo album on board. Right after she returned she went to the roll call that would be boarding a week after we returned and asked someone to check on it. sure enough, it was still on board and she got it back. I think it was at the pursers desk and the person picked it up and sent it to her.

thanks everyone. these boards and you all are so great.

i did have the service shut off immediately on the phone and i bought a new copy of the book. :)

i'll update here WHEN (wishful thinking can't hurt!) i get my items back.

Archived