RCCL June 07

Meltiphil

Hey Cruisers.

I have booked a cruise for June of 07 to Alaska on Vision of the Seas ship. Please tell me good things for this cruise. I know the scenery will be outstanding, but please let me know the ship is just as good. I purchased this as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. Thanks for any replies. Meltiphil

You'll have a splendid time! We're thinking of booking the same ship in August. Have you been over to the Alaska board yet? I found a lot of tour info over there.

As far as ships go, I haven't been on a bad one yet. We especially love the solarium pool area.

Have fun! I think looking forward to trips is half the fun!

Hey Cruisers.

I have booked a cruise for June of 07 to Alaska on Vision of the Seas ship. Please tell me good things for this cruise. I know the scenery will be outstanding, but please let me know the ship is just as good. I purchased this as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. Thanks for any replies. Meltiphil

Go to this link and see if there is a Roll Call for your cruise. There you will meet people cruising with you who can probably answer a lot of your questions. Check the dates and you will probably find one for yours. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=274

Is this your first cruise? If so, you are in for a treat. We are sailing on the Serenade in June RT Vancouver and we are really looking forward to it.

We haven't sailed on Vision, but we did sail on her sister, the Legend of the Seas. You can click on the link below for some pics to give you a general idea of that particular class of ship (Vision Class). We really did enjoy the ship and had a great time (this was the summer that she sailed the Mexican Riviera in 2004). I think it is a great ship for Alaska and you have made a fine choice.

Have a great time!

I sailed on Vision of the Sea's this year at the end of June. It was the best vacation I ever had. The ship, Captain and Crew were great. I loved it so much I have already booked for June 1, 2007 with Vision of the Sea to Alaska again. This time we will have a balcony. I loved Alaska and the Ship so much I could go every year. Alaska is breath taking, any ship you take will be great. I think for an Alaskan cruise, it does not matter what ship you take it's all about the Ports and the amazing veiws from the ship.:D

Cheryl

Thanks for the positive reply. I'm very excited about the trip, even more excited on giving it to my bf for a xmas present. Neither one of us have ever been on cruise. He has been wanting to ride his Harley to Alaska, which I will have to pass that ride with him,, to far........on a bike. How is the food on RCCL, have you been on a RC cruise before? Thanks, Meltiphil

You'll have a splendid time! We're thinking of booking the same ship in August. Have you been over to the Alaska board yet? I found a lot of tour info over there.

As far as ships go, I haven't been on a bad one yet. We especially love the solarium pool area.

Have fun! I think looking forward to trips is half the fun!

Hey, your on the same cruise as we are, how exciting. It is the cruise leaving out of Seattle, ON June 1st 07???????? I hope so!!!!! That is cool meeting someone that is sailing the same time. So, tell me what to expect on the awesome day of departing from Seattle? I cant wait to give this present to him, he will be in shock!!!!!!!! But he deserves it so much. Meltiphil

Yes, that is the correct date. I cant wait, just reading these cruise critic pages is what helps me stay grounded until I can start getting ready. I am so excited. My DH is a wilderness kinda a guy he loved it alot. We will be flying in the day before this time. Stay the night in Seattle. Last time we got to the Airport around 11:30am by the time we got our luggage and hooked up with the bus driver provided buy RCCL (our Flight was through RCCL) We probably got to the ship about 12:30PM, we had checked in on line so we went through that in about 15min. On the ship with a drink in hand by 1:00PM. Then we were on our way to our stateroom. We were on cloud 9 until we had to go home.

Enjoy, maybe we will meet on our cruise since its on the same week.

I have looked on the roll call page but there is nothing there yet for this cruise.:D

Cheryl

Thanks for the positive reply. I'm very excited about the trip, even more excited on giving it to my bf for a xmas present. Neither one of us have ever been on cruise. He has been wanting to ride his Harley to Alaska, which I will have to pass that ride with him,, to far........on a bike. How is the food on RCCL, have you been on a RC cruise before? Thanks, Meltiphil

Wow! First Cruise! Watch out, they're addictive!

I'm excited about the Seattle luggage program I heard about. Some of the airlines will let you check your luggage on the ship for the return trip home. I understand they give us the flight tags and we put them on the suitcases the last night in the hallway. Plus we can get our boarding passes before coming home. It's always a pain to try to find our luggage after getting off the ship. This way, our bags go straight to the airline.

Yep, have been on 8 RCCL cruises. The food is fabulous (even more so because I don't have to cook for a whole week!)

Okay all you cruise experts, so how is it sleeping on a ship???? LIke I said I have never cruised, so I have a bunch of 'stupid questions". If one is to get sea sick is there more of a chance it happens at a certain time, like when first leaving port, or what. Please explain. Should I invest in some "sea sick" meds bf we leave Seattle???? Has anyone been on level 3, if so how is it, that is where our room is. Also what airlines does the RCCL use, I sure hope it is NOT DELTA, I just do not trust that Airline. But I do understand I can pay extra $$$'s for another airline if need to be, anyone experience that? Well I will wait for you anwers. Thank you, Meltiphil

We used that luggage thing when we went. We put our luggage out there the night before and did not see it again until we landed at John Wayne in Orange County CA. I was nervous about it the entire flight home. But there it was coming down the ramp.

When we flew RCCL had us on Alaskan Airlines. I think it will depend on where you are leaving from. What City?

I got just a little sea sick it was on the night of both sea days, but it went away just didnt feel like eating much. I used Bonine, I think next year though I will ask my Doctor if he has anything better.

As for how we slept, we were on the 2nd floor in the middle of the ship. Both myself and DH thought it was the best sleep we ever had not being in your own bed anyway both sea days we slept in until after 11:00AM we are early birds so it was weird for us to sleep that late.:D

Hi everyone---- We took this cruise earlier this Spring and it was truely amazing. The trip and the ship rank right up there with the best that we have ever taken. I will tyr to answer any questions that I can.

Thanks for the reply. So I take it that Alaska Airlines are pretty good? We actually live in Oklahoma but I have chosen to fly out of DFW, Texas Airport. For the simple reason we live in southern Oklahoma and it just makes more since to leave out of DFW rather than OKC. So when will I receive our documentation of our trip like tickets and etc.... Hey how is the smoking buisness on RC. Neither of us smoke and I hate the smell. Do they have designated smoking areas? Or are they free to smoke anywhere, anytime. I hope I do not upset anyone, I'm just asking. They say you can not smell it in the rooms if the person prior to you smokes, is that true.? I have a feeling that the smoking might be my biggest complaint. I have nothing against people that smoke, I just do not like the smell. Take care, and thanks for any replies.

quote=bruinbear]We used that luggage thing when we went. We put our luggage out there the night before and did not see it again until we landed at John Wayne in Orange County CA. I was nervous about it the entire flight home. But there it was coming down the ramp.

When we flew RCCL had us on Alaskan Airlines. I think it will depend on where you are leaving from. What City?

I got just a little sea sick it was on the night of both sea days, but it went away just didnt feel like eating much. I used Bonine, I think next year though I will ask my Doctor if he has anything better.

As for how we slept, we were on the 2nd floor in the middle of the ship. Both myself and DH thought it was the best sleep we ever had not being in your own bed anyway both sea days we slept in until after 11:00AM we are early birds so it was weird for us to sleep that late.:D

Thanks for the reply. Did you stop in Prince Rupert British Columbia,? IF so how was it??? The cruise we are on is going to stop there, it is the last stop bf we go back to Seattle. Also did you go the the Tracy Arm Fjord? If so let me know how it was. Did you have inside cabin or balcony. I have purchased an inside cabin for us. My thought is we will not be in our cabin that much. Also how was the smoking deal, we dont smoke and I'm concern with the smell of the smoking, I also have asthama which that smoke can really set it off. I have nothing against the people whom smoke, I just do not care for the smell. Hope to hear from you again. Meltiphil.

Hi everyone---- We took this cruise earlier this Spring and it was truely amazing. The trip and the ship rank right up there with the best that we have ever taken. I will tyr to answer any questions that I can.

Not to worry, you'll have a wonderful time. Sailed Vision on the Alaska route out of Seattle on Sep 1, '06 and really had a ball. Crew is friendly and eager to please, ship is in excellent condition and the Captain is truly a visible and caring host. (This was our fifth cruise and we had never seen the Captain anywhere other than at the Captain's reception. ) He was always at the gangway when leaving the ship in the ports and regularly walked around the ship and spoke with passengers. He was more than willing to spend time with you if you desired to ask questions about his ship!

Don't know what excursions you have planned, but if you don't have Juneau booked, try your best to book Captain Larry's whale watch. (ORCA enterprises) He is truly the best and we enjoyed every minute with him. This is the experience of a lifetime! Thane Ore house (Juneau) is really great for an authentic salmon bake and the Halibut is to die for.

The Yukon discovery tour with Frontier excursions into Canada is well worth the money out of Skagway and the White pass train is also great.

ICy strait point (hoonah) is a good port to book excursions as there is not much to do/see other than the cultural show, which is interesting and worth the cost.

Victoria, B.C. is the highlight of this cruise (other than whales, glaciers and such). The time in Victoria is too short and you'll be amazed at its beauty and charm.

Lastly, if you have the time, try to spend a day or two in Seattle. Great city and lots to see and do. (Don't miss the underground tour of the original Seattle)

Great cruising, I hope I have assisted in even the slightest way.

"Keep your oars in the water and the wind at your back.";)

I am booked on the Radiance to Alaska in May so I can't speak from experience about any rough seas on that route (yet). But regarding sleeping, I never sleep better than on a ship. I usually book deck 4, an interior mid-ship cabin and the gentle rocking movement makes me sleep like a baby.

I agree about Victoria being a wonderful port, I was there in Sept on the Radiance repositioning cruise. You can walk to the inner harbour (where most of the highlights and shopping are) but it would take about 20-30 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. I would suggest the shuttle that leaves from the dock, it was $5 (they took either US or Canadian dollars) and drops you off at the Empress. Enjoy your cruise, I guarantee it won't be your last! Cindy

Archived