Suite on Diamond

Seagarr

We have booked a Vista Suite on the December 2nd sailing of Diamond Princess. We booked "Guranteed" with no cabin assignment..... I notice there are only 4 VS Suites and limited number of suites available for upgrade. My question is what do you think the chances are of being upgraded to a larger Suite? I notice on Princess website that aall suites are waitlisted..... the VS Suite is fine with me, dont get me wrong... the upgrades look very nice also.

I was also wondering if there is some point when I can call Princess and get a Cabin number prior to December 2nd? We booked through Cruise Compete so I don't anticipate getting any help from my TA.

This is our 9th Cruise.... 1st on Princess we have been RCCL fans, looking forward to the change.

Thanks,

Seagarr

The Vista suites are amazing. We were in D738 (6?) last year and absolutely loved the cabin. The balcony is huge!! Keep in mind that the PS and PH are very similar layouts to the VS. Maybe a bit more square footage and I think there is the addition of a desk beside the sofa in the living area. To get a great deal more you would have to go all the way to the Grand or Owner's suites. Also keep in mind that what you gain in sq. footage inside the cabin you loose on the balcony. Don't get me wrong, the balconys for the PS and PH are huge, just not as deep as the VS in the aft. Either way, I think you made a great choice and will love whatever cabin you get. All the suite amenities come with VS and up so enjoy!!!:D

Regarding the cabin number, you can go on the Princess web site sometimes as early as a few weeks out and they may have posted a specific cabin for you. You'll need your booking number, which cruise-compete should have given you, and just look where they have cabin assignment on your individual reservation. You are to the point now where I think I would be checking it daily just to see. According to these boards they have assigned guarantees as far as a month in advance. Good luck!

Archived