Help! ID Panic! Cruis Leaving on 10/29!!!!

kaligirl121

Help!

I'm recently divorced. My travel docs have the last name of "Smith" (my birth name), my birth certificate says "Smith," but my drivers license says "Jones." (my married name)

I took my divorce docs to DMV this week to change my drivers license back to "Smith." I just noticed to day that while I still have my photo ID with "Jones" on it and the paper temporary license, the lady at DMV punched a hole over my expiration date! (This has never happened to me when I've made changes to my drivers license in the past.)

My cruise leave on Sunday, 10/29! Am I in trouble? Will I have problems with immigration?

I do have an expired (but un-punched) drivers license with my birth last name that matches my birth certificate. Should I just use that one? Will they even look at my expiration date???

I'm freaking out just a bit. This is my first cruise.

I don't have an official answer for that but here is what I think:

I think you will be OK but make sure to bring all IDs with you. Does your Smith AND Jones Driver license have both a picture? Can they recognize you?

Also, make sure to bring your birth certificate and name change papers from the wedding and divorce. With all that, they certainly can see what happened in your life. Do you think there is any chance that you will get your new driver license in time?

I don't have an official answer for that but here is what I think:

I think you will be OK but make sure to bring all IDs with you. Does your Smith AND Jones Driver license have both a picture? Can they recognize you?

Also, make sure to bring your birth certificate and name change papers from the wedding and divorce. With all that, they certainly can see what happened in your life. Do you think there is any chance that you will get your new driver license in time?

It is times like this that I am so glad our drivers license bureau gives you your new drivers license in about 10 minutes...if they aren't busy....30 minutes if they are...while you wait.

Just make sure your funpass and your documents both have the same last name as well.

Good luck....and let us know how it went and how your cruise was when you get back!!

lol. I think I have every piece of documentation known to man (except a passport which I am sending off for when I get back!)

Birth certificate (certified official copy)

Drivers license in married name

Drivers license in birth name (both with pictures that still look like me)

Divorce decree with judge's signature to restor my birth name

Travel docs in birth name

Every credit/rewards card possible in both married and birth names

The only thing I can't find is my actual marriage certificate but I think the divorce docs will be fine (and the girl at Carnival said they would!)

I hate being stressed before a vacation! I'm probably going to crash the minute we get onboard!

Thanks for all your help. :)

Archived