Is there a safe in QE2 staterooms?

K.sailaway

I've searched for the answer to this but without success. My wife and I are in a P1 for the Sydney-Southampton sector next year and want to know if there is a safe in the stateroom please. The brochure would suggest not. If not, what arrangements are there to keep valuables secure?

Thanks.

K.

I've searched for the answer to this but without success. My wife and I are in a P1 for the Sydney-Southampton sector next year and want to know if there is a safe in the stateroom please. The brochure would suggest not. If not, what arrangements are there to keep valuables secure?

Thanks.

K.

Yes, there is.

But it is still recommended that large amounts of cash and expensive jewelry be kept in the purser's safe, just like anywhere else.

The QE2 safes are "swipe card" safes, that is, they are opened by swiping your credit card or such card. Only the card that you use the first time on the safe to program it's memory can be used to open it, so you must keep that card with you.

Have fun!

The QE2 safes are "swipe card" safes, that is, they are opened by swiping your credit card or such card. Only the card that you use the first time on the safe to program it's memory can be used to open it, so you must keep that card with you.

And you can't use the magnetic strip on your identity card:)

Thank you for your responses. I feel a bit out of touch with present day facilities on QE2 as the last time I was aboard was in 1970! Saw her sale out of Southampton on her maiden voyage too. Really looking forward to becoming re-acquanted with her, especially after reading so many helpful and interesting posts here. We're back on QM2 in September so 2007 should be fun!

K.

Archived