Just Back From The Lovely Statendam

PRINSENDAM

Chivalrygirl:

Captain Card asked you what Statendam's Captain and Cruise Director did or said in Apia, Samoa, to incur your displeasure and cause offense. He asked the question because you brought up the topic in the first place in this post. Now you say you "prefer not to discuss" the situation "in a public forum". If you proffer the explanation that you are awaiting Holland America's formal response regarding the issue, then why did you mention it here prior to resolution?

No idea who Captain Card is, can you elaborate

I can see it in my mind's eye right now..... bright blue summer sky with lots of small clouds.... that nice brown/green river water... lots of green trees on the Parkade.... John riding down one of stay wires from the observation platform on Euromast...;)

That would be sweet; looking forward to it:) - would be nice to put a view of the white house (one of the few buildings left standing after the 1940 bombardment) with the Royal Netherlands Marine Corps museum next to it in there also

410360546_Picture687.jpg.d093375d5eb31d5e0c858d2ac59d36b1.jpg

And, in addition to the link Copper Gave, it might help you to know that Captain Stephen Card posts on this board as Prinsendam. :)

In short ... he is the prince of a man with whom you've been chatting.

When you were aboard the Statendam you may have noticed so many lovely paintings of the Statendam, as well as of some other HAL ships, adorning the mid-deck landings of the forward stairwell. Those are painting by Captain Card. You'll also find his masterful artwork on all the other damships.

It would be great to include a Spido boat, a HNY taxi, and a yellow tug, but would it be complete without the Eramusbrug and the Hoyel New York? My this will be a cluttered painting.:D

You can't see Erasmusbrug and Hotel New York in the same view unless you are in a helicopter!:(

I'll stick with the view of the Euromast... less clutter that way!

Many thanks for the photos.

Stephen

It's me! :o

I was on the STATENDAM... Vancouver to Auckland.

Retired (Young!) Merchant Navy Master.

59 HAL cruises..... 7 on STATENDAM including her maiden voyage in '92.

Stephen

PS If you care to tell me about the gaffe.... prinsendam@hotmail.com

Archived