ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Schusize and GregFL... so wow... sounds like both Ash and Romeo get a round on most cruises, must be a difficult job LOL My friends have said Ash is a total sweetie tho. Will have to keep an eye out for him to say hi from all his past cruisers LOL

JohnandLeonard... glowsticks and the like are common, and usually RSVP hands them out themselves at at least one of the parties. Usually the underwear party but I wouldn't be surprised to see red ones at the red party either. Altho... thinking back to the white party on the cruise in october there weren't any to be seen, it was only at the underwear party.

MikeC... Paul J and Danny Williams are going to be our faaabulous cruise directors. The regular ship directors are left to be more on hand doing other things of assistance since their main job is pretty much taken over by RSVP and the staff. RSVP, Paul J and Danny do a wonderful job keeping us all well directed and having fun :)

We second that opinion about Danny & Paul. They direct with such humor as well and but of course they are comedians. :D :) :p ;)

Jim & Terry

Probably a Rum-n-something. If it's at a pre-dinner venue, maybe a Lemon Drop Martini. If on deck, something that comes in one of those tacky tall cups, but without the costly cup:mad: - a Bahama Daddy? MaiTai? L.I. Ice Tea?

Only 22 more posts until we hit #1000! I hear that whoever gets #1000 gets a free date with the Italian crew member of their choice!! (said to insure that Tom stays on line until we hit it ;) )

OK... just to help ease the wait before our big Bon Voyage. Imagine you are there right now!

What would you be drinking?!?!??! :p

I think I will either have a frozen daquiri or margarita!!!!

What about you?

I don't want to appear a snob or anything but i like to sail away from port with a glass of champagne.

Christopher

Phil...you really know how to get a reaction.......Italian crew members........ahhhhh. I will have to just sit back on this cruise and watch all you hotties having a good time....with this Ash and Romeo...... Me, LI Ice tea during the day....or malibu and coke. Before dinner...maybe a kamakazi........wine with dinner, Amaretto after dinner.......pepcid antacid before bed.....funny I dont drink at home, but get me on a ship...must be all that salt water.

For all you guys that are packing soooo much...just bring a basic black speedo, and just pace back and forth infront of me and I will be a happy cruiser. A basic black speedo makes everyone a super hero in my book.

Cant wait to touch down in Ft lala dale tomorrow afternoon.......heat, warmth, flip flops, shorts......and no cold weather. maybe a quick spin around town to start things off with a muffled bang.

I don't want to appear a snob or anything but i like to sail away from port with a glass of champagne.

Christopher

Sir Christopher would you prefer a glass of Dom? :D I assume that will be in your crystal champagne flute? haha what a snob :-) Joking! That sounds good to me as well!

Our favorite champagne and not that unreasonably prices is Veuve Clicquot.

Although we have a bottle of 98 Dom we could bring. hmmm

Matt, thanks for the reminder about the official party on Monday - sounds like something not to be missed.

My drink of choice is "lots" and "now". We've managed to hit a $1,000 bar bill (well, bar and bingo, and and and...) on each of our two previous gay cruises, so there's a precedent.

Thanks, Tom, for forwarding the directory - helps to keep everyone 'straight'.

Work? You say I should be working if at my desk?! The nerve of my boss...it's too close to sailing time.

Kevin

Sir Christopher would you prefer a glass of Dom? :D I assume that will be in your crystal champagne flute? haha what a snob :-) Joking! That sounds good to me as well!

Our favorite champagne and not that unreasonably prices is Veuve Clicquot.

Although we have a bottle of 98 Dom we could bring. hmmm

...bring it to Rome.:D Kidding

I have to admit though that I am not one tht tends to stick to anyone one drink. I have a variety of tastes and will allow the mood to dictate what I drink.

If it is hot out, something fruity with an umbrella (or is that me on a rainy day?)

Prior to dinner I like a cosmo or a gray goose vodka martini with a splash of grand marnier and a twist of orange.

Favorite of all though is a Gatsby....Southern Comfort with Gingerale, and lime. Smooth and will knock you on your @zz fater tn you realize.

Oh this is going to be a great week.

Christopher

My drink of choice is "lots" and "now". We've managed to hit a $1,000 bar bill (well, bar and bingo, and and and...) on each of our two previous gay cruises, so there's a precedent.

Kevin

Hey guys-

I just saw your other posting! We are right around the corner.... almost (Arlington, VA).

Welcome aboard!

I just wish it were Friday at 4:30--- done with work and head home to finish up any last minute packing! :-)

:D

...bring it to Rome. Kidding

I have to admit though that I am not one tht tends to stick to anyone one drink. I have a variety of tastes and will allow the mood to dictate what I drink.

If it is hot out, something fruity with an umbrella (or is that me on a rainy day?)

Prior to dinner I like a cosmo or a gray goose vodka martini with a splash of grand marnier and a twist of orange.

Favorite of all though is a Gatsby....Southern Comfort with Gingerale, and lime. Smooth and will knock you on your @zz fater tn you realize.

Oh this is going to be a great week.

Christopher

Maybe we can save it until Rome! :-) Does this mean that you are going?!??!!

I agree about the pre-dinner martini! I also love wine with dinner!

Never had a Gatsby but that sounds good as well.

I guess I am just a big ol Irish lush! Thanks Dad! :D

:D

Maybe we can save it until Rome! :-) Does this mean that you are going?!??!!

I agree about the pre-dinner martini! I also love wine with dinner!

Never had a Gatsby but that sounds good as well.

I guess I am just a big ol Irish lush! Thanks Dad! :D

Gatsby was sorta created for me on my first cruise. Still good friends with that bartender.

Rome... still not firm but continue to lean to going. See what transpires next week.

Definitely will see you there though. Intend to come and have a dinner and drink with you guys and Tom (and others) even if I dont make it on the ship.

Christopher

Gatsby was sorta created for me on my first cruise. Still good friends with that bartender.

Rome... still not firm but continue to lean to going. See what transpires next week.

Definitely will see you there though. Intend to come and have a dinner and drink with you guys and Tom (and others) even if I dont make it on the ship.

Christopher

I guess Tom and I will have to force your hand-- as much as we can!! :-)

If not, dinner and drinks sounds wonderful as well! We might have to pack you in a suitcase and drag you onboard!!!

PS- Did you get my e-mail response? I have had some network issues at work and a few bounced from my personal acct or maybe its AOL acting up?

I'm mesmerized by the idea of an icy Mojito, double shot of Bacardi, freshly muddled mint, splash of soda, with the languid Caribbean air forming glistening dewdrops, which slowly tumble down the tall glass onto the Tradewinds bar...

OK... just to help ease the wait before our big Bon Voyage. Imagine you are there right now!

What about you?

I guess Tom and I will have to force your hand-- as much as we can!! :-)

If not, dinner and drinks sounds wonderful as well! We might have to pack you in a suitcase and drag you onboard!!!

PS- Did you get my e-mail response? I have had some network issues at work and a few bounced from my personal acct or maybe its AOL acting up?

Yeah I did get your email.... just lazy dealing with the emails...sorry.

I am happy to report though that all my internet purchases have now been delivered to Dave's in Fort Lauderdale and await my arrival. Even that superhero costume item of which I sent a picture to you Mike.

no specific superhero in mind for my costume , just superhero-ish I guess.

Christopher

I'm mesmerized by the idea of an icy Mojito, double shot of Bacardi, freshly muddled mint, splash of soda, with the languid Caribbean air forming glistening dewdrops, which slowly tumble down the tall glass onto the Tradewinds bar...

Yup, I thnk I now know exactly what the second drink on the ship is going to be.

Thanks, Walter.

Christopher

Walter- a Mojito sounds wonderful!! :-)

Have you ever had a Caipirinha (Brazillian drink) or a caipiroshka (same as below except made with vodka)- I love it with strawberry!

1 lime

2 ounces of cachaça

Sugar to taste

Ice cubes

YUM! Ok I am ready to go now!! haha

Yeah I did get your email.... just lazy dealing with the emails...sorry.

I am happy to report though that all my internet purchases have now been delivered to Dave's in Fort Lauderdale and await my arrival. Even that superhero costume item of which I sent a picture to you Mike.

no specific superhero in mind for my costume , just superhero-ish I guess.

Christopher

No problem at all! :-)

I am glad all of your purchases made it!

That item alone with nothing else but a thong would made a GREAT superhero costume! :p

Gary was finishing his up last night--- it looks great!

Have you ever had a Caipirinha (Brazillian drink) or a caipiroshka (same as below except made with vodka)- I love it with strawberry!

1 lime

2 ounces of cachaça

Sugar to taste

Ice cubes

....on your @zz. 2 of those for Christmas with my friends in Germany and I was ready to get up close and friendly with the tannenbaum.:D

Sounds like a great pre-construction party drink.

Thats a good idea, we should elect a great , fitting drink of the evening to go well with the event.....

Christopher

Thats a good idea, we should elect a great , fitting drink of the evening to go well with the event.....

Christopher

Great idea! The Red party drink could be-- Cosmo perhaps?? :-)

Those drinks do knock me on my a$$! I love them! :)

Mike...when are you planning to arrive at the port?

Though I would really like to get on the ship as early as possible, I think I have decided to aim for rental car drop off at 1 30 and arrival at port around 2. I just don't think I will be a happy camper in the poential business of the boarding area.

This way I can also enjoy a leisurely start to the day.

Christopher

What about you?

Fun question! My usual drinks throughout the week is always bacardi diet (double, tall. thank you) or a bud light... but my "woo-hoo! yay I'm on another cruise" first drink is always a mojito... partly just cause they're so fun to say... mooooooe! jiiiiiiiii!! tooooooooo!!!!!

:)

so can't wait...

The caipairina's an awesome drink too, but too much cachaca Make Me Crazy!

1 lime

2 ounces of cachaça

Sugar to taste

Ice cubes

Archived