ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Good Evening! You should shortly have the directory in your inbox. Take a look and let me know if any changes need to be made. I had fun creating the document and I appreciate your help and participation!

I feel like I know you all and cannot wait to meet you face to face. :)

Good Evening! You should shortly have the directory in your inbox. Take a look and let me know if any changes need to be made. I had fun creating the document and I appreciate your help and participation!

You guys are the BEST! Thank you so much for the *updated* edition!!!! :-)

It would be great to get a CC group photo to post on here after for the 'archives'. :-)

Christopher - After living in the land of 24 hour shopping (Los Angeles) for so long - I was just amazed that it seems like nothing here is open after 11. I forget whether or not you will have a car, but it won't be hard for you to get to 95 North and Pompano from where you are to go to the Wal-Mart. Another option is a Target just a couple of miles from you at the intersection of N Federal Hwy and Oakland Park Blvd... it opens at 8 am Sunday. Since you are staying near Wilton Drive and Georgie's...at the "top" of Wilton Drive (where it intersects with NE 26th Street) is a 24 hour CVS that is fairly large. It's right up the street from us, so that's where I usually go for emergency late night needs. A couple of miles to the southeast, there is a good 24 hour Walgreen's at Sunrise and NE 15th Avenue.

M&D - I think you can do both if you want - Cubby will be the earlier party, or so it seems. But Greg probably has better info on Alibi.

Walter & Greg - thanks for the heads up on the thermal suite. It does not seem worth it. I'm already cancelling our Rasul mud treatment because of feedback from people on the Princess board. Now just down to a reflexology session.

Greg - is there some new regulation at the port? We've always gone before 11am since I am so anxious to get on board and had no trouble entering the port... they may not let us into the actual passenger area at terminal 2 until 11... but I know people on the cruise last week have been posting reviews on the Princess board and talking about being let in, and just having to sit in the terminal and wait until boarding began at 11:30.

Glenn - no one has a day room for you?

Big applause for Tim - what a fantastic job you did on the directory!

Since Ralph waited until the last minute to get a super hero costume, I found this place on the net today:

http://www.buysuperherocostumes.com/

Good selection. I actually bought something to go with my outfit since Ralph has to have his overnighted anyway to get here on time. I spoke to them and they were very pleasant...

So if you have a last minute superhero need...

So what's the verdict on wearing a leather harness over a t-shirt? I'm just not the shirtless type... but I realize I have nothing for under construction/leather... but I do seem to remember there is a harness in a box somewhere...

Great "brochure!" Aren't computers wonderful?

Matt - interesting web site - Super Sperm? I especially like the tail aspect. And Thor looks good, but I thought it was spelled Sore?

I've been gathering all the necessary accoutrement - disco ball, duct tape, clothes pins, boa, pie tins, fez... the list keeps growing. And they're all absolutely necessary of course. :rolleyes:

I agree with you, Matt, about Hogthrob;)

Oh, well - Good Eats is on, gotta go...

This was posted on the St Thomas/St John thread:

Princess Champagne Catamaran in St. John

All I can say about this excursion............PERFECT!!!!:) We went in the afternoon after a morning of shopping. It was a perfect day. We were maybe 10 on Honeymoon Beach. My husband snorkled and I swam. There were a bit of waves but it was fun. I would highly recommend it, if you want to see some of St. Thomas in the open sided buses and then the catamaran ride and then the beach and back. Great!

I have lost track of who from our jolly group is going on the 815 excursion. Anybody kept a list?

Christopher

Hi All. I made a few goofs! Apologies to Kent, Andy, Kip and Ken for flubbing their info!! I owe you a drink.

Walter, I'll get you a copy out this time.

If you didn't get a copy and wanted to be a part of the directory let me know today.

Is it Friday yet?

Christopher - After living in the land of 24 hour shopping (Los Angeles) for so long - I was just amazed that it seems like nothing here is open after 11. I forget whether or not you will have a car, but it won't be hard for you to get to 95 North and Pompano from where you are to go to the Wal-Mart. Another option is a Target just a couple of miles from you at the intersection of N Federal Hwy and Oakland Park Blvd... it opens at 8 am Sunday. Since you are staying near Wilton Drive and Georgie's...at the "top" of Wilton Drive (where it intersects with NE 26th Street) is a 24 hour CVS that is fairly large. It's right up the street from us, so that's where I usually go for emergency late night needs. A couple of miles to the southeast, there is a good 24 hour Walgreen's at Sunrise and NE 15th Avenue.

M&D - I think you can do both if you want - Cubby will be the earlier party, or so it seems. But Greg probably has better info on Alibi.

Walter & Greg - thanks for the heads up on the thermal suite. It does not seem worth it. I'm already cancelling our Rasul mud treatment because of feedback from people on the Princess board. Now just down to a reflexology session.

Greg - is there some new regulation at the port? We've always gone before 11am since I am so anxious to get on board and had no trouble entering the port... they may not let us into the actual passenger area at terminal 2 until 11... but I know people on the cruise last week have been posting reviews on the Princess board and talking about being let in, and just having to sit in the terminal and wait until boarding began at 11:30.

Glenn - no one has a day room for you?

Big applause for Tim - what a fantastic job you did on the directory!

Matt,

Terry and I took his sister and husband to Port Everglades last Saturday. We had no problem getting in about 10:30 am and the other relatives had been there for about 45 minutes before that waiting for us. Jim

And tomorrow morning, we will be on our way to Tampa! After a brief overnight, we are on our way to West Palm, and then on to Fort Lauderdale Saturday morning.

We will likely see Matt at the cruise terminal. We are early boarders, and plan to be in the platinum lounge as soon as they open the door!

We are at the Westin with an entire cast of characters from around the country. We should show up at the Cubby as well as Georgie's sometime after dinner Saturday night.

A great big thanks to Tim, Matt and the rest! You have not only given so much helpful information and effort for all of us, but have all helped us keep our sanity (what there is of it...) while waiting for this voyage.

See you kids on board!

Matt,

Terry and I took his sister and husband to Port Everglades last Saturday. We had no problem getting in about 10:30 am and the other relatives had been there for about 45 minutes before that waiting for us. Jim

One other thing to add. I'm sure Greg's info about the port is perfectly correct but security seems to change things all the time these days depending on what is going on in the world. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't type of thing. Ya know? ;)

Jim

Thanks for the boarding info. guys. My red-eye Jet Blue arrives in FLL at 5:00 a.m. (2:00 a.m. west coast time!). I haven't located a day room yet, so I will want to get to the terminal as early as I can.

I may not be too chipper after flying all night, so you guys will have to give me a break on day one.

I sure hope that Jet Blue gets their schedule back to normal by Saturday!

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Glenn

I don't know what was up with me last night, but I left out several folks in the email I sent. So after I do the updates tonight I'll ship out a fresh copy to everyone.

10,000 apologies to those I forgot. At this point the list is kind of like an Oscar Acceptance Speach, the cast of characters is so big you're gonna forget someone!

Matt, or any of the local/veteran FLL cruisers....

Can you tell me what is the best way to get from the FLL rental car drop off site, back to the cruise terminal at port everglades?

I just spoke with Budget at FLL and they DO NOT provide shuttle to the cruise port as was earlier reported elsewhere on cruise critic. Budget suggests walking back over to terminal 1 and getting a cab. Is there a better way?

We plan to drop one of us off at the port with all of the steamer trunks, suit cases, cosmetics cases, hat boxes, cases of wine and a few other things, and the other of us will return the car and meet back at the port.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Buck and Jeff

This was posted on the St Thomas/St John thread:

Princess Champagne Catamaran in St. John

All I can say about this excursion............PERFECT!!!!:) We went in the afternoon after a morning of shopping. It was a perfect day. We were maybe 10 on Honeymoon Beach. My husband snorkled and I swam. There were a bit of waves but it was fun. I would highly recommend it, if you want to see some of St. Thomas in the open sided buses and then the catamaran ride and then the beach and back. Great!

I have lost track of who from our jolly group is going on the 815 excursion. Anybody kept a list?

Christopher

I saw that review, also, and am looking forward to our adventure. Some ships must use the same company in the afternoon, but unfortunately Princess only offered the two morning excursions. I think I would have preferred it in the afternoon. The only other time we drink in the morning is when we are tailgating at a Penn State football game.

Here is the list that I started to keep. I'm not sure if any "late-comers" need added to the list:

Max & Bob, Christopher, Tom, Mike & Gary, Bill, Ken & Kip, and Mark & Donny.

By the way, Bob & I did not submit our photos because we are actual SuperHeroes and we must maintain our secret identity! But on boarding day we will both be wearing light colored Costa Rica "boonie hats" with the sides snapped up so you can recognize us. :)

Thanks for the kind words above. I am looking forward to meeting you guys too!

This is proving to be the slow week I kind of expected it would be. Do any of you superheros have the superpower to speed up time this week (and slow it way down next week)?

Hey guys....as for the getting into the port, maybe I am wrong, but according to Princess (not Port Everglades), security will not be allowing inbound traffic to the port to anyone who isn't picking up disembarking passengers until after 11am....course that could just be Princess trying to ease the conjestion and may not have anything to do with the reality of what the officials at the Port security are gonna do....

I just got an email from Paul J Williams confirming that he will be holding court at Georgie's Alibi on Saturday night...if you haven't met Paul please come by and see him at Alibi Sat night before the cruise....If you still have your RSVP lapel pins that were sent with your documents, wear it so that the bartenders will know you are passengers and will give you the $1 discount. I will be bartending Friday night at the sportsbar at Alibi, but have wisely decided to not work Sat night and just be out and about meeting and greeting (and of course drinking LOL)

And great work on the directory boys! :) I certainly hope that for future cruises we can get activity on rsvpcruisers.com like we have had on this board....I plan on putting out palm cards onboard to promote the new site and look forward to seeing all of you register!

Greg

I wish Ricky didn't have to work Friday so we could be there for one or both of the Bon Voyages! (He says being spoiled and stamping his feet) :(

Greg - you did a great job on your new site. I'm sure we will all migrate there for future cruises.

Archived