N.Y.C. Port....What's it like?

dancing girl

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect once we arrive at the nyc port to catch the Dawn in January. Is there a place to get coffee and a snack :) while we wait to board? do they allow smoking? once your in can you step out for a smoke? Or is it more like a warehouse with folding chairs.?:confused: like I've heard. any info would be greatly appraciated. Thanks

Dancing Girl

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect once we arrive at the nyc port to catch the Dawn in January. Is there a place to get coffee and a snack :) while we wait to board? do they allow smoking? once your in can you step out for a smoke? Or is it more like a warehouse with folding chairs.?:confused: like I've heard. any info would be greatly appraciated. Thanks

Dancing Girl

There are machines and if you are latitudes there is freesdrinks and food. It is like a wahehouse with folding chairs but smoking is not allowed inside. Most of the time you move through very quickly and can smoke on the ship in the bars or in your room or on one side of the deck.

I don't see why. You live in Norwalk which is less than 90 minutes from the pier most days. Have your coffee before. Leave around 10. You should be there by 11:30. On most days you will start boarding at 12. Go sit down and have lunch at the restuarant(not the buffet)...the rest is normally open until 2 and the buffet until 3. If the ship is late they tend to put out cold drinks and finger food.

Archived