****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

Kusadesi was such a nice surprise to visit the last time we were in Greece. We were expecting to hate it but loved it instead. This despite not going to Ephesis that everyone raved about.

Tony, still loving your Live from thread keep it going, it helps the rest of us who aren't going to be on a cruise for a while yet get through the day.

Kusadesi was such a nice surprise to visit the last time we were in Greece. We were expecting to hate it but loved it instead. This despite not going to Ephesis that everyone raved about.

Tony, still loving your Live from thread keep it going, it helps the rest of us who aren't going to be on a cruise for a while yet get through the day.

I love Kusadasi myself personally. I would recommend going to Ephaseus at this time of year because it's not as hot as in July and August and less crowds as well.

We'll I'll keep posting over this cruise until I get home on Nov 22nd and then again on the Tahitian on Dec 17th.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Only in Kusadasi from 7am - 1pm? I think I'd be afraid to leave the ship in case I didn't get back on time :)

Normally the ship is here from 7:00am until 6:00pm but not on this run nor the Grand Meditarrenean run either, due to distances travelled.

Tony

We left ther pier late today at 1:10pm due to the fact that we were calling for 4 pax's continously over the P.A. system for them to contact the Pursers desk. I don't know if they made it onboard or if we left without 'em.

I went for lunch and had a salad nicoise and a bottle of Pelligrino for lunch as I wasn't really that hungry.

We are currently travelling 22.3 knots and must travel a distance of 346 nautical miles to make it into Istanbul, Turkey tomorrow morning for 8:00am. We depart Istanbul tomorrow at 5:00pm for Mykonos, Greece.

I having dinner again tonight with Jean-Luc and Vicki (Adiamo!) at 7:00pm at my table.

You can tell when we are at sea as there are a lot of people on this ship!

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Istanbul, Turkey.

Tony

Alright I am gonna go and check out the Future Cruise Consultant onboard about a couple of new bookings and see the Captain Circle Hostess to see where I place on the list if she knows by now.

I forgot to mention earlier that I couldn't find that Almond Champagne that Kim loved so much, but not surprising since I was in a Muslim country. Perhaps I'll have better luck in Mykonos.

Will be back on here to post in a couple of hours time.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Istanbul, Turkey.

Tony

Alright I am gonna go and check out the Future Cruise Consultant onboard about a couple of new bookings and see the Captain Circle Hostess to see where I place on the list if she knows by now.

Tony

Do you know the "cut" number? I'm always interested to see where we would place if we were on with you. Meal, or no meal? :)

Arlene

Do you know the "cut" number? I'm always interested to see where we would place if we were on with you. Meal, or no meal? :)

Arlene

We'll I just found out that I am #3 Most Travelled Passenger on this voyage and the cut or magic number to be invited is 21 cruises to be invited to the Luncheon on Nov 17th. We have 91 Elite pax's on this cruise, almost double of what we had on the last cruise.

Tony

If anyone is interested in viewing the pink Turkish skyline now, the sunset is happening onboard the Cruise Cam...really nice shades of pink against the moutains as a backdrop.

There are so many people around the ship this afternoon...doesn't anyone take a nap?

This is what I am talking about regarding those ANOYING Walkie Talkies....I am here in the Library and some chick has her stupid walkie talkie yaking back and forth and there are people in here trying to concentrate and read...duh!..it's only called a Library!

Tony

We'll I just found out that I am #3 Most Travelled Passenger on this voyage and the cut or magic number to be invited is 21 cruises to be invited to the Luncheon on Nov 17th. We have 91 Elite pax's on this cruise, almost double of what we had on the last cruise.

Tony

HOORAY! At 22, we made the cut. :D I can't remember if our cruise next month is 22 or 23. Will find out soon enough.

Arlene

Yes - that "cut" number of 21 is very high.

Makes my 20 cruises, 226 nights, with Princess look paltry.

Not to worry however, my tally will climb.

Michael, isn't it interesting how those numbers differ? Our 22 cruises equal over 300 nights and others with the same amount equal well UNDER 200 nights. I guess Princess wanting to revamp their system is understandable.

Arlene

If anyone is interested in viewing the pink Turkish skyline now, the sunset is happening onboard the Cruise Cam...really nice shades of pink against the moutains as a backdrop.

Tony

I can't see pink skyline, but the water has a purplish shade.

Arleen

Yes - that "cut" number of 21 is very high.

Makes my 20 cruises, 226 nights, with Princess look paltry.

Not to worry however, my tally will climb.

Michael, I was just explained by Lara our Captain Circle Hostess that the only time they use the number of days at sea to determine the Luncheon invites is when they have people that have the same number of cruises and then they go to the number of days to determine who gets invited or not.

Tony

Yes, my number(s) of nights is lower, as we take advantage of those 2 & 3 night coastals, to try out the new ships when they migrate to or from Alaska. I would much rather do a two or three nighter on a new ship, rather than be stuck on it for 3 weeks when I did not care for it!

When you add a few of those into the mix, it does bring the average way down.

Truth be known, we like cruises in the 25 night range.

HOORAY! At 22, we made the cut. :D I can't remember if our cruise next month is 22 or 23. Will find out soon enough.

Arlene

One way of finding out now is just sign into your Captain Circle Account on www.princess.com and you'll see on the front page your number of completed cruises currently!

Tony

Michael, isn't it interesting how those numbers differ? Our 22 cruises equal over 300 nights and others with the same amount equal well UNDER 200 nights. I guess Princess wanting to revamp their system is understandable.

Arlene

That's why I agree they should revamp there current system as you and I obviously take longer cruises and someone with the same number of cruises but much lesser days have been taking shorter 10 or 7 day cruises to reach Elite Status.

IMHO, the current system isn't equitable.

Tony

One way of finding out now is just sign into your Captain Circle Account on www.princess.com and you'll see on the front page your number of completed cruises currently!

Tony

Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks baby brother. Our next one is 23, with number 29 already booked.

Arlene

I don't think it really matters how they compute cruises/nights; someone will be unhappy with the cut.

Although we do prefer 3 weeks/4 weeks in duration, we have taken 3 or 4 of the short coastals, and several cruises of one week's duration.

At different stages of our lives, we have taken differing lengths of cruises. When I took my first cruise, on the original Oriana, back in '64, there is no way I could have swung (paid for) a cruise longer than 7 nights, and then there was a lengthy period (14 or so years) when we took no cruises - we had other priorities.

Archived