Carnival or Princess

IflyWithDi

The International Cafe is indeed in the atrium, and it's open 24 hrs. However, the variety is less than you'd find at the buffet ---- sandwiches and shrimp salad and cookies, that sort of thing. We did enjoy the offerings. however. The Crown also didn't seem to offer late night bistro service as the other Grand class ships do.

I'll confirm that the International cafe (in the atrium of the Crown) is open 24 hours. The usually have 5 types of sandwiches, 4 different salads, quiches, pastries, cookies, gelato (extra charge) and chocolate fondue (extra charge). Perfect stuff for a late night snack, as far as I'm concerned.

Ive posted several photos of the food selection at the International cafe on my website.

293396487_de442c9e4a.jpg?v=0

The International Cafe is indeed in the atrium, and it's open 24 hrs. However, the variety is less than you'd find at the buffet ---- sandwiches and shrimp salad and cookies, that sort of thing. We did enjoy the offerings. however. The Crown also didn't seem to offer late night bistro service as the other Grand class ships do.

it sounds like the Promenade Cafe on the Voyager class ships. This setup works for me.;)

Bill

1. Much better food

2. Far better ship design

3. Superior entertainment

4. Friendlier staff

5. Showers that don't go from scalding hot to freezing cold all the time

6. Cabins that actually have vanities, not just a 6-inch-wide shelf

Shall I continue?

I am so sorry, I didnt know. :o In fact I called the pursers desk and asked what was open for late night dining and was told only room service. Oh well, wont be the last time I get told wrong information from the pursers desk. :confused:

I didnt know the international cafe was 24 hours and thought it was all an additional cost. :eek: I thought for sure I saw a price list. However, I probably spent just as much tipping for room service. :rolleyes:

Sorry again.

I am so sorry, I didnt know. :o In fact I called the pursers desk and asked what was open for late night dining and was told only room service. Oh well, wont be the last time I get told wrong information from the pursers desk. :confused:

I didnt know the international cafe was 24 hours and thought it was all an additional cost. :eek: I thought for sure I saw a price list. However, I probably spent just as much tipping for room service. :rolleyes:

Sorry again.

It's ashame that cruise lines, not just Princess can't train their phone people better. It's really no sense calling to ask questions about anything because more times than not you'll get the wrong answer. Even if you get the right answer how are you supposed to know ? lol

Bill

1. Much better food

2. Far better ship design

3. Superior entertainment

4. Friendlier staff

5. Showers that don't go from scalding hot to freezing cold all the time

6. Cabins that actually have vanities, not just a 6-inch-wide shelf

Shall I continue?

1.Just my opinon Carnival food Lots better and more easier to get at any time.

2.Carinval ship easier to find places not near as broke up don't have to go around elbow to get to toes.

3.Equal Enterainment.

4.Equal Staff.

5.Showers on Princess to small to move in and on Two nights didn't have to worry about SCALDING because it wouldn't even get warm.

6.Might have vanities but really small Cabins.

7.And not a lot of better than everybody else PEOPLE.

• 6 months later...

Carnival owns several cruise lines and I they have something for everyone. With that said. I Believe that in their portfolio of cruise lines that Holland America is the the top. Followed by Princess. Carnival, "The Fun Ships" are very oriented to family and straight singles fun.

Take a chance move on up to Princess or even Holland America.

Category 12 suites on Carnival are no less expensive than full suites on Princess, but the suites on Carnival are only about the extra space... nothing else.

If I'm going to book a suite on a ship, might as well get some nice perks with it, and that definitely happens on Princess. Aside from that, passenger wise Princess seems more like Cunard, IMO. Feels less like spring break time...

Like the Princess ships better... more classy IMO.

I've sailed Carnival only once in 1990 and thus far, once was enough. We did toy w/ the legend in 5/08 but, went RCCL instead.

IMO Princess was better in all categories. We prefer it to HAL, NCL & Carnival. If given a choice - same price, dates, itinerary between Princess & Celebrity - we would most likely go Celebrity. HOwever, it would be a tough decision. We are big Princess fans. Love personal choice dining and didn't feel we lost anything service or food quality by doing so. Sabatini's is wonderful.

Archived