Picky Eater Question...

(please don't take this as anything more than the simple inquiry it is . .)

Why are you such a picky eater? I mean, is it simply you don't want to try other food? You have an aversion to the way other things feel on the palate? Allergies? Never got a variety of foods as a kid? I mean, doesn't it get boring eating the same few foods over and over?

I've never "gotten" this picky eater thing... Growing up, we were happy to have anything on our plates. I recently dated a guy who would only eat bread, cheese, french fires/onion rings, pasta, beer, water, and I think some desserty things like ice cream and cake. I think that was about it. Boring. Really limited where we could eat and I always felt weird getting an appetizer and an entree knowing he was getting grilled cheese... Another guy I dated always (and I do mean ALWAYS) ordered the same thing when we went anywhere (which means we could only go places that served that thing). Again, kinda cut down on choices. One of my co-workers goes inito detail with the waiter about how each thing must be prepared... why not just go cook it yourself?

Of course, if I WERE pickier, I might be slimmer!

Why are you such a picky eater? I mean, is it simply you don't want to try other food? You have an aversion to the way other things feel on the palate? Allergies? Never got a variety of foods as a kid? I mean, doesn't it get boring eating the same few foods over and over?

I've never "gotten" this picky eater thing... Growing up, we were happy to have anything on our plates. I recently dated a guy who would only eat bread, cheese, french fires/onion rings, pasta, beer, water, and I think some desserty things like ice cream and cake. I think that was about it. Boring. Really limited where we could eat and I always felt weird getting an appetizer and an entree knowing he was getting grilled cheese... Another guy I dated always (and I do mean ALWAYS) ordered the same thing when we went anywhere (which means we could only go places that served that thing). Again, kinda cut down on choices. One of my co-workers goes inito detail with the waiter about how each thing must be prepared... why not just go cook it yourself?

Why are you such a picky eater?

I unfortunately can't choose what tastes good to me and what doesn't.

I mean, doesn't it get boring eating the same few foods over and over?

No.

One of my co-workers goes inito detail with the waiter about how each thing must be prepared... why not just go cook it yourself?

What's wrong with ordering a meal exactly how you want it. If a meal in a restaurant comes exactly how you like, than lucky you. I like to order how I like it so that I can enjoy my meal. I am soooo not a good cook. So I like to go to restaurants.

Unfortunately not true. :D

just meat and potatoes please.

And like most other posters, I have had no problems getting meals on board RCCL.

In fact, on one 7 night cruise, my waiter noticed my pattern of iceberg lettuce with creamy italian dressing, the evening's steak dish cooked med well with no sauces, and a baked potato that on the 3rd night he said, "I'm not even going to give the menu anymore- just get you that every night" and I said "Fine by me".

They really will do their best to get you whatever your preference is. Just don't be shy about asking, 'cause they can't read minds.

Have a wonderful cruise

wendy

just meat and potatoes please.

And like most other posters, I have had no problems getting meals on board RCCL.

In fact, on one 7 night cruise, my waiter noticed my pattern of iceberg lettuce with creamy italian dressing, the evening's steak dish cooked med well with no sauces, and a baked potato that on the 3rd night he said, "I'm not even going to give the menu anymore- just get you that every night" and I said "Fine by me".

They really will do their best to get you whatever your preference is. Just don't be shy about asking, 'cause they can't read minds.

Have a wonderful cruise

wendy

WOW! Iceberg lettuce with creamy italian dressing and steak with no sauce. I can't believe there is another me out there!

I am basically a "meat and potatoes" guy too, but don't want a big fuss over it. I have found cruising on multiple lines to be very flexible about food. There is always a steak option, fish option and chicken option. I always ask that they "hold the sauce". Usually by the second or third night, the waiter knows that you want no sauce and how you wish your steak prepared!

When our kids were younger, our waiter noticed the adults "nibbling" off the kid's plates. Next night, without any request, our waiter brought a plate of fries "for the adults" (portions of sides are smaller than you are used to).

With the buffet, dining room, pizza, burgers and other specialty bars, it would be hard to imagine anyone not finding something they like (my wife orders a side of steamed broccoli or other vegetables most nights).

My son has a friend who is the pickiest eater I've ever met. This girl only eats undercooked pizza & french fries. She doesn't eat any meat at all, doesn't eat salad or even candy or cakes. She is unbelievable. She only drinks energy drinks & Mountain Dew. No Alcohol. She weighs less than 100 lbs at age 22.

She is the ONLY person I know that would have a hard time finding food on a cruise!!!!

It is my husband that is the picky eater. I will eat just about anything myself with the exception of most seafood (I don't like the way it actually looks like the animal when you are eating it.) I especially like trying different things when I am on a cruise because mostly everything tastes so good! There are just some things that he cannot even venture enough courage to try and I don't force him. One time, I made him try something and he actually got sick. I will never try that again. You like what you like, I guess.

My son is 8 years old and is a picky eater. He will be the guy on the date ordering a grilled cheese sandwich. The funny thing is... we have been teasing him about this recently. He really likes the girls and we talk about when he starts dating. I tell him that he will have to find a girl who will put up with going for pizza or pasta all the time. I tell him that girls will not be happy when he takes them to a steak place and he orders his plain pasta.... and the girl will feel weird about getting a big steak!!!!!

Anyway, his is due to aversions to foods. He would literally starve himself then eat a food that is not "one of his foods". ( believe me, i have tried it).

Archived