Theft Alert Crown Princess Passengers

debbieinct61

I think that people are being very naive in thinking that if they have a TSA lock, only TSA employees have a master. There are LOTS of these master keys floating around town. Many of the 'TSA" styled locks are of very poor quality (yes the TSA master key will open them but this does not speak to quality) and will literally open up if you have a hairpin or look sideways at them. Bottom line is that if someone wants to get into your luggage when you are not around they will get in.

You are exactly right!!

I think that people are being very naive in thinking that if they have a TSA lock, only TSA employees have a master. There are LOTS of these master keys floating around town. Many of the 'TSA" styled locks are of very poor quality (yes the TSA master key will open them but this does not speak to quality) and will literally open up if you have a hairpin or look sideways at them. Bottom line is that if someone wants to get into your luggage when you are not around they will get in.

So true, but we're trying to stop a quick pawing through the suitcase for goodies worth taking (best to leave them out ;) ). If someone is in a hurry maybe it'll be easier to go through an unlocked suitcase versus a locked one (mine):rolleyes: .

--Denise

True, but they'll usually go for the easy mark vs. one that takes more work. That's just human nature. If someone really wants to break into my house or car, they can, but that doesn't mean I don't lock my house or car.

I don't think anyone said that, but your point is correct. Don't pack anything that you can't bear to part with or can't be replaced. By the same token, most big cities have gangs with rental-car trunk codes who regularly roam restaurant and hotel parking lots, opening car trunks at will and removing valuables.

Archived