Just off Majesty of the Seas 10/2706

Johnny789

Just thought I'd give a quick review. Everything went well. It was my first cruise so I have nothing to compare it too. People have posted that the ship is run downed. I don't know how it compares with other ships but overall it look very nice, small things like the wooden inserts on the top decks look old as well as the blue carpet on the pool decks. We had an oceanview on deck 6, the room was very nice, the items that look old were the bathroom and the vanity table, the rugs and bed seemed fine. Even though the room was on the small side we did not feel cramped. The only bad part was that played the movie "Click" for 2 days straight. We had a window but honestly I think in the future I would have no problem booking an inside room, we looked out the window a few times would have been fine if there was no window.

Food:

Overall the food is good, we ate in the Mikado room every night, prime rib was good on first night would not say great though. Wife had the strip steak they offer every night and it was lousy just a poor cut of meat. other people at our table had the fish and loved it.

They had french night on formal night just order the chicken dish from their everyday menu, although the pasty mushroom appetizer was good.

Italian night I forgot what I had.

Last night was had turkey dinner good not great. Key lime pie for desert was very good.

Midnight buffett on Tuesday was mostly burgers, hot dogs, tacos, deserts and an ice carving demonstration. nice show.

Missed the chocolate buffett, feel asleep, table mates said it was ok.

Lunch was eaten at the Windjammer very good, nice selection, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, salads, chicken, deserts.

Had pizza from the Mast Bar for late snack every night, good again.

Just drank water and lemonade, you can only get water in the Main dining room at diner.

Cococay lunch was very good, great ribs and chicken, also burgers, salads, hot dogs, deserts. fun day.

Activities:

ALot to keep you busy, comedian the first night like the food good not great.

Another night motown night missed it but heard very good.

Last night Boogiewonderland very good show.

Like I said alot to keep you busy we spent everyday in port doing stuff so we missed alot of the activities during the day and night we were too tired to see everything going on.

Art Auction: I do not know alot about art but they really talk this up, they are not pushy and do not force you to buy anything but you are well aware there is an auction. I have to wonder about these pieces of art it seems that most of them are not one of a kind and are one of a few hundred. Personally if I was going to spend anywhere from $1000 and up I would buy a one of a kind piece then 1 of a few hundred. To me a 1 of a few hundred piece is "Art off an assembly line" Just my opinion.

Duty free store:

The custom law states 1 liter of alcohol per person, and 1 and 1/2 carton of cigarettes person. Just so you know the law, but I saw people buying more. The customs in Miami just asked us how much liqour we bought, did not search our bags, do not know if ther do search at times though.

Just remember if you are buying alcohol you have to check at the airport you can't carry it on, so plan room and pack it safe.

5 cartons of Marlboro was $79.95

On the last day we just walked off with our bags did not leave them out the night before. Alot faster that way.

They also take your picture everywhere some were $20.00 each, some around $8.00 each, they also sell a dvd they make of your week saw clips of it looked good but did not buy or know the price.

We had a very good time and would sail this ship again even if was not be refurbished.

Archived