Howdy everyone

DJ Eddy

Hi people, my name is Eddy, I am a DJ from the north of England currently working on Carnival ships. I have just signed off the conquest on 22nd October and am home for a month. I go to the Pride covering from 25th November til end of Jan/Feb then to the Liberty and the end of April.

Just though I would come on here and say hi, shout out to anyone who was sailing on the Fantasy July '05 - January '06 and on the Conquest April '06 - October '06 :D

When were you there?? I signed off on the 22nd October???

Oops! Thought you said signed ON! LOL! We were on the Conquest from 10/15-10/22... were you in the disco? If so, you met me... We were in the Saints and Sinners group... last night we had our "glowing home party"... I came up and gave the DJ a glow necklace :D

We just missed ya!! We were there last week... great ship, have a wonderful time!!

Look at the dates. He got off the same day we did. :D

Thanks! Music was much better on Conquest this time. More rock n roll than some of the other ships.

Look at the dates. He got off the same day we did. :D

Thanks! Music was much better on Conquest this time. More rock n roll than some of the other ships.

LOL, just noticed that!!

I agree that the music was great... the disco was awesome on this cruise!!! LOVED IT!!!

It was my last week so I didn't actually work many nights hehehe. There are 2 DJ's on the conquest, there was Patrick, a black guy from Trinidad and me, I am a white guy from England (no-one understood my accent lol). I was working Sunday, Tuesday for the Mardi Gras Party and Thursday aswell as doing the music for the hairy chest and Captain's Cocktail Parties on the first formal night.

I think it was Patrick you gave the glowstick thing to, I was in bed on the Sat night.. I had to be up and off the ship at 5.15am and my flight didn't leave houston til 5.25pm... what's all that about???

It was my last week so I didn't actually work many nights hehehe. There are 2 DJ's on the conquest, there was Patrick, a black guy from Trinidad and me, I am a white guy from England (no-one understood my accent lol). I was working Sunday, Tuesday for the Mardi Gras Party and Thursday aswell as doing the music for the hairy chest and Captain's Cocktail Parties on the first formal night.

I think it was Patrick you gave the glowstick thing to, I was in bed on the Sat night.. I had to be up and off the ship at 5.15am and my flight didn't leave houston til 5.25pm... what's all that about???

Yup, it was Patrick!! We were in the disco every night... had a blast!! We were also at the MG party... conquest1.jpg

One in our group, Cat Daddy, won the hairy chest contest... what a blast!!!!

We'll be on the Fantasy in January and Liberty next October... how long will you be on the Liberty?? Hope to see you there!!

Hey Chris! He looks like the guy that won the Hairy Chest Contest in April! Is that YOU?

LOL Janis, no... that is Randy :p LOL!! Cat Daddy won the Hairy Chest...he's VERY hairy! He was robbed on S&S 1... so it was good to see him get it this time. He is a HOOT!!!!!!

Yes, that is Ricky and Lucy on Mardi Gras night :p

glad you guys had a good time. I was on the big CQ for 6 months and it was probably the best 6 mnths of my life. I am soo bored being back home already, and i've only been back a week. I'm really looking forward to going to the Liberty as Todd Wittmer will be the CD, along with Damian from the piano bar and Mouna the Karaoke host. I made a lot of friends on that ship and pardon the pun but that ship rocks!!!

awwww...That's a WONDERFUL pic!

DJ Eddy....is Tina(I believe she was from Canada) still a social host on the Conquest? I don't know how she did it but she just seemed to be EVERYWHERE...LOL....I'm sorry I missed you in April. I never did make it to the disco..I don't know why.My kids (grown kids) probably went in there though. I'll ask them.

Good Luck on your next ship. Will you be going back to the Conquest?

DJ Eddy....is Tina(I believe she was from Canada) still a social host on the Conquest? I don't know how she did it but she just seemed to be EVERYWHERE...LOL....I'm sorry I missed you in April. I never did make it to the disco..I don't know why.My kids (grown kids) probably went in there though. I'll ask them.

Good Luck on your next ship. Will you be going back to the Conquest?

Tina signed off in June/July time I think. I am on the Pride next month just covering for a couple of months, then the Liberty end of April/May next year for a full contract.

Oh well I'll miss you. I'm on the Liberty Jan. 6 to 14. So who decides what music to play, you, or the "Boss"?

Neither... it's mainly you guys, the guests. Part of my job is I have to accept requests. Unfortunately that means playing the cha cha slide every night (just not my personal choice of music but hey, it's popular). I mainly play some disco, hip-hop and some 70's & 80's. I did also play Motown and some country on the Conquest.

Personally I like house and techno music but that's not popular in the US so I don't play that kind of music. A lot of people ask me why I don't play the music I like and I say that a good DJ will play what songs and music gets requested... at the end of the day you guys are the ones who employed me really!!!

Neither... it's mainly you guys, the guests. Part of my job is I have to accept requests. Unfortunately that means playing the cha cha slide every night (just not my personal choice of music but hey, it's popular). I mainly play some disco, hip-hop and some 70's & 80's. I did also play Motown and some country on the Conquest.

Personally I like house and techno music but that's not popular in the US so I don't play that kind of music. A lot of people ask me why I don't play the music I like and I say that a good DJ will play what songs and music gets requested... at the end of the day you guys are the ones who employed me really!!!

Eddy, I've seen too many DJ's that did the opposite and played what THEY liked, and the disco was always dead. I like house/trance/techno, but it really doesn't work on a cruise... The music on the Conquest last week was great!! A little bit for everyone... You guys did a great job!!!!

Sidenote... if I had to hear "Mickey" one more time, I would have puked :p LOL!!!! I know, the really young social host seemed to love it... but oh how I left the ship hating that song :p LOL!!

A lot of people ask me why I don't play the music I like and I say that a good DJ will play what songs and music gets requested... at the end of the day you guys are the ones who employed me really!!!

I am sure there is a balance in music choice - thanks for recognizing that maybe your tastes don't match ours!

Hi people, my name is Eddy, I am a DJ from the north of England currently working on Carnival ships. I have just signed off the conquest on 22nd October and am home for a month. I go to the Pride covering from 25th November til end of Jan/Feb then to the Liberty and the end of April.

Just though I would come on here and say hi, shout out to anyone who was sailing on the Fantasy July '05 - January '06 and on the Conquest April '06 - October '06 :D

Well hi there DJ Eddy . . . sounds like I just might get to meet you. My son and I will be on the Pride leaving out of Long Beach on January 7, 2007. :p

GoinCrusin - Thanks for the compliment, glad you had a good time

Mr Dood - Everyone's musical taste is different as everyone is individual, especially on a ship when i'm working with so many different nationalities. The music that is popular and played regularly on the radio in the UK & Europe is different to that in the US. Before I worked on ships I had never heard of the Electric Slide and it seems to be America's 2nd National Anthem. I didn't expect to walk onto a cruiseship and play exactly what I wanted to hear, on a cruiseship with guests from a different country than me, that's not going to happen.

LadyCaveCat - Yes I should be there until end of Jan/Feb time, not sure on my sign-off date yet for the Pride.

Archived