Montego Bay Rose Hall Resort???

josecruz

Did the Rose Hall tour in Mobay last time we were there. It's an old home that was built during the slave era and has been refurbished to it's original state (more or less). It is supposed to be haunted, or at least you will be told that it is. The history is very interesting, but I honestly felt that the time we spent there could have been better invested elsewhere.

is interesting, wasn't anything special. We loved doing Dunn's River Falls, but we were younger then and in better shape. That and Stingray City in Grand Cayman are my two favorite tours we have ever done. Another tour in Jamaica we really enjoyed was the Martha Brae rafting tour, very relaxing and informative.

We are on the Golden 12/30.

1st port is Montego Bay.

Does anyone have anything good or bad experiences with the day trip excursion to The Rose Hall Resort and Country Club?

Thanks,

JC

There is the Rose Hall Resort and Country Club which is a wonderful hotel with a beautiful beach and a great pool (spent my honeymoon there over 23 years ago) And there is the Rose Hall Mansion down the road home of Annie Palmer the White Witch of Jamaica....The previous posters have replied about the Mansion. Was it the resort or the Mansion you were asking about?

"There is the Rose Hall Resort and Country Club which is a wonderful hotel with a beautiful beach and a great pool (spent my honeymoon there over 23 years ago) And there is the Rose Hall Mansion down the road home of Annie Palmer the White Witch of Jamaica....The previous posters have replied about the Mansion. Was it the resort or the Mansion you were asking about?"

Sorry I should have been a little clearer.

It was the resort that I was asking about. From what I learned on the Jamaica board it seems the resort (especaily the rooms) have seen better days.

But...it might be a good site to get off the boat and hangout at the pool, beach and waterpark for the day

Does anyone have any updated info about the facilities?

Thanks,

JC

We are also on that cruise and I have booked this excursion so I hope it is nice. DH wants to snorkle on a beach and DS and myself want to lounge in the pool and swim. I found pictures of it on webshots so you might want to search there. It looked really nice and I believe the waterpark is fairly new. We use to go to the Oasis on the Gulfcoast once a year but it was destroyed in Katrina so we are hoping this will be a good substitute.

Archived