Beach transportation question

Lothiel

I'm planning a snorkel excursion from the morning until 1pm (as stated by Captain Marvin's Grand Caymon tour company). My ship leaves at 4pm. I want to spend the rest of the afternoon at Seven Mile Beach. Should I have enough time? More importantly, will both of these times be on the same time zone? My Carnival cruise leaves from Miami, and this trip will be in November.

Also, what is the best way to get to and from the beach without too much waiting. Taxi? If so, what does it usually cost?

• 1 month later...
Here is another option, the local city bus schedule

I would use the term "bus schedule" rather loosely. Buses operate on island time, can be flagged down anywhere, and often divert from their route. Still, it is a more cost effective way to get around.

Drew, I am so happy that you answered me, your input is very valuable.

I am trying to make the most of the few hours we will hopefully be having in GC, it will be our 1st visit.

I have some more questions please regarding the local buses :

If we want to do some sightseeing with this bus, which will be the more scenic route ? The one to Pedro St. James or the one in the other direction to Hell (and back)

And from the downtown pier area to both these locations, where I pressume the bus turns around and come back to the downtown pier area, how long does it take for the bus to do the loop eg from the pier area to where it turns around and back to the pier area ?

About the bus fare.. do we have to have the exact amount in Cayman $ or will the driver take US money?

Any advice is very much welcomed as we have no idea what to expect and very much looking forward to be in GC shortly.

I'm planning a snorkel excursion from the morning until 1pm (as stated by Captain Marvin's Grand Cayman tour company). My ship leaves at 4pm. I want to spend the rest of the afternoon at Seven Mile Beach. Should I have enough time? More importantly, will both of these times be on the same time zone? My Carnival cruise leaves from Miami, and this trip will be in November.

Also, what is the best way to get to and from the beach without too much waiting. Taxi? If so, what does it usually cost?

You should have a couple of hours to spend at 7MB. The Carnival ship that I took on a Western Caribbean cruise stayed on port of embarkation time. In your case, that is eastern standard time, which is what Grand Cayman is on year round. So yes, ship time and island time will be the same.

Get Captain Marvin's bus driver to drop you off at the beach after the tour at no extra cost. Then take a taxi back to the tender docks for no more than $5 per person (don't remember exactly what we paid).

Archived