Giving a Cruise for a Xmas present

Meltiphil

Can anyone tell me a creative way to give the cruise I purchased for my bf for Christmas. How do you wrap up something that you do not have any documentation for??? Please help me, our cruise is on VOS ship and we are going to Alaska, with the last stop being in Prince Rupert BC, and back to Seattle Wa. Cant wait to hear your ideas. Thanks.:rolleyes:

When I gave a cruise to our daughter I made a scrapbook with pictures from the cruise brochure and a copy of the booking showing that it was paid in full. I purchased excursions and pre paid the tips, Also wrapped up a ship model in the package.

Buy a model boat. Does not matter what boat, any boat. Open the box.

Put a card in the bottom. Advising him instead of building one, he can go on one........The give him a complete brochure, even a video if you have time to order and have one delivered.

you can make a collage and take a picture of it... then

take the collage picture and have it put on a coffee mug. ( to see if he looks at the actual mug to see what it says)

take the collage picture and make it into a puzzle for him to put together.

Or

give him a few small things that he will need for the cruise. and then, in the last present that you give him... make your own documents that tell him all the details.

The Cruiseship you booked. Visit any Yahoo, Google, even magazines, wherever & type in the name of the ship & photos will show.

Then cut & paste & maybe if you can get identical size photos and take some cardboard & cut out a ship & put the photos on both sides & wrap it up..........Outside says SURPRISE!!!!

Hope I got my message right as it is bedtime for me, up at 4AM daily.....

Great suggestions. I am doing the same thing, and here is my plan.

We are renovating a fixer upper. The other day, Terry asked me to stop all work, so that we can start getting christmass presents. He said 'I do not want a toilet for Christmas. I do not want to have to tell my friends that is what I got for x-mass'. So I inmediately got my plan.

Toilets are not that expensive. You can pick one up at Home Depot for around 75.00. And we will need one anyway when we go to do one of the bathrooms. So I am buying one. It comes in a rectangular box, so I wil wrap it and put it under the tree. Inside the box, I will do one of the suggestions from the previous posters, like pictures of the ship. I was on the Freedom with my family a couple of weeks ago, so I have some actual pictures of the room. So I may be using those.

My suggestions is: Listen to things he says he may want or not for x-mass, and then incorporate some of the previous suggestions with your made up documents or pictures. Have fun with it! I know I am having a blast already just thinking about it!:D

My DW and I got a cruise for our Mothers two years ago and we gave it to them for x-mas. What we did was, we played Wheel of Fortune and instead of winning money they got to unwrap a present. We wrapped sun glasses, dissposable cameras, tan oil...etc crazy stuff that they would never understand why they got this stuff. Then after they won this stuff, we played the final game. The board read...." A Royal Caribbean Vacation to The Eastern Caribbean on Navigator. They were guessing letters for quite some time. After they FINALLY guessed it, they didnt understand, so we gave them RCI fanny packs and inside was a Sea Pass with their names on it. My wife scanned one of our old ones and put their names in place of ours. Then they got it and started crying and stuff. It was quite a moment.

Good luck...whatever you do, I am sure it will be quite a surprise.

Good Luck...

WE gave the 'gift of cruise' to my parents last Christmas. I bought 2 real stupid looking hats and put an R and C on them (their names begin with those letters). (I took pictures of them opening the box and more of them realizing what it was.)

I told them it was matching park sitting hats...but under the tissue paper taped to the box was:

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS This 142,000-ton megaship is loaded with recreational amenities: an ice-skating rink, in-line skating track, rock-climbing wall, television studio and full-size, open-air basketball court. Royal Promenade, which runs through the center of the ship, is longer than a football field and wide enough to accommodate three lanes of traffic. Here you'll find restaurants, shops, entertainment and street performers. The basketball court converts to a volleyball court, and there's also a golf simulator, nine-hole miniature golf course and jogging track. Adventure Beach, just for families, has its own pool. Spots for socializing include a champagne bar, cigar club, sports bar, jazz club, dance clubs and a cocktail lounge at the top of the ship. Hungry? There's a casual grill, ice-cream parlor, the Windjammer Cafe and the Johnny Rocket's, modeled after an authentic 1950s diner (complete with jukebox). Portofino, an intimate reservations-only restaurant serving Italian fare, complements three main dining rooms.

second page:

Explorer of the Seas

353381507xelCKM_ph.jpg

DayPort of CallArrivalDepartureFriBayonne, New Jersey (New York) --5:00 pmSatAt Sea----SunAt Sea----MonSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 1:00 pm 11:00 pmTuePhilipsburg, St. Maarten 7:00 am 6:00 pmWedSan Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 am 3:00 pmThuLabadee, Hispaniola, Haiti 9:00 am 5:00 pmFriAt Sea----SatAt Sea----SunBayonne, New Jersey (New York) 7:00 am --Region MapJUNE 16,20061861106335229811_CRUISEMAP.gif

ROYAL CARIBBEAN

A couple of years ago my niece and I booked a cruise--at the rate she could afford. For Christmas I upgraded us to a JS. We wrote her a silly Dr. Seuss like-poem and for Christmas put that in a giftbox. It was a great moment watching her read it....

I bought my H a cruise for X-mas last year. I bought boxes, each one smaller than the last, and made a tower of gifts. In the bottom box I put a snorkeling mask. In the next sunscreen and sunglasses. Next sand and seashells. Then a toy airplane. A toy boat was in the next. Second to last I filled with quarters (for the slots). In the very last box I made a little book with scrapbooking items that told him about the cruise.

It was so much fun to see him open each box. The best was the first one with the snorkeling mask. We live in TN so a snorkel mask in the middle of winter had him a bit perplexed. I had such a great time making the tower too!:D

Thanks everyone I was also looking for ideas on how to present this gift. Im keeping this thread in my favorites. My kids love Wheel of fortune that sound great or the tower is also great. Oh boy now to decide Im soooooo excited

Shelley

Hey can you share the Dr. Seuss poem., It sounds great. I was trying to re-write the Twas the night bf Christmas, but not with much luck. Hope you can send it to me via this web site or my email, harley_alex456@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you. Thank you everyone for your awesome ideas. Keep them coming.

A couple of years ago my niece and I booked a cruise--at the rate she could afford. For Christmas I upgraded us to a JS. We wrote her a silly Dr. Seuss like-poem and for Christmas put that in a giftbox. It was a great moment watching her read it....

My DW and I got a cruise for our Mothers two years ago and we gave it to them for x-mas. What we did was, we played Wheel of Fortune and instead of winning money they got to unwrap a present. We wrapped sun glasses, dissposable cameras, tan oil...etc crazy stuff that they would never understand why they got this stuff. Then after they won this stuff, we played the final game. The board read...." A Royal Caribbean Vacation to The Eastern Caribbean on Navigator. They were guessing letters for quite some time. After they FINALLY guessed it, they didnt understand, so we gave them RCI fanny packs and inside was a Sea Pass with their names on it. My wife scanned one of our old ones and put their names in place of ours. Then they got it and started crying and stuff. It was quite a moment.

Good luck...whatever you do, I am sure it will be quite a surprise.

Good Luck...

Golfer - That is the best idea I ever heard of!! I will have to keep that in mind. I would love to surpise my family that way one day. :) Now, if I can only keep the secret, when I decide to do it!! LOL!

I gave my now DH, a cruise for his birthday last year. He HATES jewelry... so I took a jewelry box and inside it was the paperwork from the cruise all folded up. Our TA printed out the itinerary and a map of where we were going, the confirmation from RCCL and "fake" tickets. I couldn't wait to give it to him and his face when he opened it up was priceless.

Good Luck!

Jenn

This is not exactly advice on how to give the gift, but rather a sharing of how I was given my first cruise as a christmas gift by my parents. They were planning to take my grandmother on her first cruise and they offered my sister and me the opportunity to toss a coin and to see who the other occupant of her stateroom would be. So we tossed the coin and my sister won the cruise. Needless to say, I was disappointed but it had been done fair and square. Two weeks later, at Christmas time, I opened a box (like a shirt box) from my parents and inside was the cruise brochure from the travel agent. I would dearly love to post the picture they took of my face as I realized that I too was going on that cruise. And if I can find that picture, I will do just that. It is, as they say, priceless.

Archived