Carnival Personal Vacation Planner??

Tracy123

Anyone ever used a PVP? I'm in the process of planning a goup cruise (8 cabins) August 2008 wondering if anyone had any problems or success with using a Personal vacation Planner. Thanks.

if you do a search you will find a the answer. it really is personal preference... everyone has their own opinion, i myself am looking for a good pvp because they work directly with carnival and i dont like working through a 3rd party.

i've sailed 5 times with carnival and booked a 6th cruise. i have used a pvp 3 times and a ta 3 times. as long as you get a good pvp imo thats the way to go. you can get information direct with carnival after your booking as compared to booking with a ta , if you call carnival for info, they direct you back to your ta. maybe because i have not had a great ta i feel that way but i think a pvp is the way to go.

I think you have to go thru the group dept, a regular pvp can not book group cruises. There are certain amenities that are offered for groups. If you call the main # they will put you to the group dept. I love my pvp.:)

you dont have to go through groups. you can use a pvp... sometimes you can save money going through a pvp. i booked 12 cabins on the elation last yr through just the 800 number, not groups.

We have used our PVP ever since he was recommended to us by "Uncle Bob".

Before that we have used internet sites (with not so good results) and TAs with excellent results except that they could not get us our Interline discounts and my PVP could.

We are on our second group booking with Carnival - the first time with a travel agent, this time directly with the Carnival Group Sales department.

I like using the Carnival Group department for a couple of reasons - our group contact was very accessible. I mostly contacted him via e-mail. Of course, he left, but I was able to us assigned to one of his co workers that had helped us as well. She has been great!

We got a decent rate, and as a group we recieved a number of fun points which we were able to use for group amenities.

We were able to make our own table assignments for dinner, which I really liked!

If you get over 8 cabins (16 people) one is free (with some rules - not just a straight up freebie).

One disadvantage is that usually they will not work with you if the price drops. We are going over a holiday and I have not seen any prices lower than what we have (all though I am sure there are people with better deals, upgrades, etc.) You can still book a guarantee with a group and hope for the upgrade fairy.

Hope that helps! I love being the "Group Leader" for our family cruises.

I always do all mine through PVP's for 7 Cruises now not one problem and I deal directly with them!;) I used a TA once and had to do all the work and checking myself, my Hotel and air was messed up just terrible I finally had to fire them and do it myself this was Travelocity!:rolleyes: Book your Hotels Early, any restaurants you want to eat in early in the citys port your leaving out of and stay on top of your Booking with the PVP as well!;) Keep all records and copies of everything put your e-mails in your folder I keep all mine in my carry on duffel bag that way I will have it when I leave and it wont be misplaced this goes to Sail and sign documents, your cruise documents and also your Passports!;) I could go on but this is enough for now!:D

I've booked my last several Carnival cruises through a certain PVP (wish we could share names here, but can't), and she's a gem! I've never cruised without either reduced rate or OBC. She seems to be able to find just what I need.:) My experiences w/a local TA (including my XDIL) haven't been exactly what I'd hoped....so I stick with my PVP.

Archived