Magic review Oct 21-28

Majesty Fan

HI everyone Hubby and I took our first DCL cruise last week and all I can say is WOW! We have cruises RCI 22 times and wanted to try DCL since I am a huge Disney fan and we like to cruise. We live in Florida so we drove down 2 nights earlier and spent them at WDW Pop century for $83 a night. We did the Haloween Part 2 nights and did Blizzard Beach water park. This set the Disney Mood. The Haloween Party was fantastic! If anyone comes in Oct this is a must do! From Pop Century to the Magic it took about 1 hour and about $5 in tolls. On other cruises we had to park in a deck and it was nice to be able to unload bags and park the car right next to the ship. The terminal was so clean! Goffy was in the terminal doing pictures. From the time we entered to to the time we were on the ship was less than 20 minutes. I did bring my bathing suit in my day bag as well as a drink cup from Pop century to use at the coke station. We checked out the pools, deck areas on 9-10 and then at 130pm checked out our cabin and went the lunch and pool. Topsiders is the buffett and had able things for both adults and kids. Kids even had their own special tray with dividers. There is a seperate desert station. We chose to use the adult pool but sit by the Goofy pool. Normally the water is cold but it was just right. The signals bar becaome the bar of choice for us. Our bags were waiting at the cabin by 3pm. We had cabin 6078 catg 6 and it was excellent. So much more room than the balconies on RCI. I loved the split bathroom. I took one and hubby had the other. I could not get cell service anywhere on the ship I have Sprint. The sail away party was really good. SO many times on RCI it gets a little non adult but this was great with great music and characters which I love and complete with streamers. The disney horn plays When you wish upon a star! It is very LOUD! We then hung out by the pool till around 7pm. Yes we missed the first night program. We ate in Lumieres the first night. Hubby saild imeediately that the food was better on RCI. There are not as many choices as RCI but for me it was fine I had the escargot, and Donal Duck. Our waiter Ancell was from Jamaica and ast was Samantha from Australia who was on her first contract as a ast. Key West was the next Port. We had been to KW many times but we did go to Capt' Tony's and do a little bit of shopping. KW is walking distanbce to most everything. It was very hot that day in the high 80's plus fantast fest was going on as well. We would have done the sunset celebration but I was too hot so we opted to go back on the ship and sit by the pool. We had diner at Animator's Palate. I too felt that the sit down rest. food was not as good. I did like the fact that I could get a Sundae for desert since so many of the deserts are rich. We changed times that night and gained an hour for GC and Cozumel. We had the character breakfast that am. Food was pretty good and all the characters came around at least once. We had better phot;s by our ast waiter than by the professional photo guys. The rest of the days was by the pool. There was not a place to sit by either pool so we finally found one but it was not in the sun. People had towels on chairs bunt did not come back to the towel. I will come early next time and get my chair! The Golden Mickey's were that night and it was terrific. Hubby did not like it as well as RCI. He is too picky. GrandCayman was next. Tendering was done from the theater and we had to wait about 15 minutes and then it was another 10 minutes until we got to GC. GC is very pricy they do not call it little Switzerland for nothing. 3 Red Stripe beers was $18 at Margartiville. We went snorkeling next to Paradise Restraunt and we did this on our own and saw lots of fish and 5 huge Tarpons. I first thought they were sharks as they are about 5-6 feet long! We bought a few T shirts and headed back to the ship. Pirates OTC 2 was playing that afternoon so I did that while hubby basked in the sun. The theater was very cold. I wish I had worn capri's. Twiced Charmed was tonight it was not near as good as the Golden Mickey's. Cozumel was next and you docked. Cozumel was ramsacked buy hurricane Wilma last year it tore up 3 piers. As soon as you get off the ship people are trying to sell you things or want to rent you a car , taxi. We rented a VW for $35 and we used it from 10am to 4pm and did the Island thing. We did Mr. Sancho's beach full serivce beach with massage tables, shops restraunt,s, horses, banana boats. Had some drinks at the rasta bar. We then had lunch downtown before coming back on the ship. People will want to pull you into the shops or braid your hair you just have to them no. Our tablemates came back on the ship in 1 after hearing all of that. Pirates in the Caribbean was tonight. The food at diner was not to my liking or hubby's so I think next time we will eat somehwere else unless the menu changes. The Party was awsome with charachters, dancing, fireworks etc. Sea day was very windy but sunny. We stayed by the pool this day and got a a chiar early. The Ariel view had fiding nemo for the movie. Topsiders had a seafood buffett for lunch. Disney Dreams was this night and it was really good. Even hubby thought it was great! Castaway Key was great. It was the perfect day. This was where I got my sunburn. The flying dutchman was right near the ship and so was Capt Jack. There is a post offfice to mail post cards and takes cash. You have to have the post card they do not sell them but they do sell them on the island. We stayed at the family beach as it was the cloest to the snokeling. The water was cold to me but we live by the Gulf. There were quite a few jelly fish but suposedly they do not sting? IYou have to havea vest to snorkel and it was quite far to get there from the beach. There is food at Cokkies which was good. The shop has a lot of things that you will not find on the ship. I got a T shirt and some pins. Pins are huge on Disney every evening pin trading is from 715pm and one night you can trade with the officers. I did this and got a Fozzy the Bear pin. The last night show was good and had 2 comedians. Thanks Mom x4 for the Pillow case idea they came out great! We had such a great time we booked for next Oct!

Lexi

• 2 weeks later...

Archived