Are there any Video's on the Dawn

lsabe

Have searched high and low for a Dawn video, but no luck. Can't understand why a great ship like this has not produced a video. If you know of one, please let me know how I can get it.

I went on the dawn last year, and found out on debarkation day about the video. It was sold at the excursion desk, which, unfortunately, was closed that morning.

I have read several threads since then (on the old boards) where people have ordered the videos on board (they don't actually have the videos; you buy one on board and they are supposed to send it to you later) and then never got them. It turns out that the videos are made by an independent company, and they are not too good at fulfilling their obligations.

We, too, wanted to purchase a video of the DAWN pre-cruise and couldn't find anything through NCL or other companies we've gotten videos from. Last summer NCL told us that they had one in preparation and to check back in October '03. In October, we were told to check back in January '04...still nothing. At that point, I planned to check into getting one on our April '04 cruise. In one of the "Freestyle Daily's" there was an inserted flyer mentioning that you could get a video through the Shore Excursion desk. Upon inquiry there, I was told that they didn't have any...were they simply out of them at that time? The answer was "no"...they never had any! Toward the end of our cruise, while strolling around the inside decks, we discovered a promotion display case (near the Library) with the "sleeve" from a video box for the DAWN ship. Obviously there was a video available at one time...there was "proof" in that display case. By-the-way, the gift shop knew nothing about a video! Finally, on disembarkation day, as we were relaxing in our cabin after a sumptuous breakfast, we turned our television on and watched (what appeared to be) a video presentation on the DAWN, which covered her building and everything...now there was the type of video that SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE for purchase to us interested passengers! Now, if someone will only let us know how we can get it!

Debjo

I phoned NCL yesterday to check on our LATITUDES cards and also thought to ask them about a video for the DAWN once more. Their response indicated that there is one, but they are out-of-stock with no indication of when they may have them again. I shared with the representative that I've been waiting since last summer for one and that they keep saying that the video is forthcoming. She, very kindly, told me that she'd look for one around "there" and if she found one that hadn't been "opened", she'd send it to me. I told her that I'd accept a "used" one at this point...it didn't need to be "new" in the box. I guess we'll have to wait several more weeks to see if a video shows up in my mailbox. :rolleyes:

I'm still wondering if I'm being told "another story". :confused: Perhaps if those of us who want "THE VIDEO" keep phoning NCL headquarters with our request, we may be able to get things rolling.

Debjo

Archived