scuba St thomas

island pat

Can anyone compare Chris Sawyer with the Admiralty dives in St Thomas.

Are there any differences?

Indeed there are. First you should know that I have no personal experience with either one and am not making a recommendation either way as both have very good reputations.

Admiralty Dive uses smaller boats and will pick up from the cruise dock. Chris Sawyer uses a larger boat and I don't know if they will pick up from the cruise dock or if you'd have to get to their shop on their own. That would be a question you'd want to ask when you email them.

If you are an advanced diver, you'd probably have a better chance of diving a more advanced site if you went with a dive operator that has smaller boats. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either operator.

I was hoping you would respond you seem to be so knowledgeable . I did not realize that there was a difference in boat size so that really is helping to make the final decision. You have to take a taxi to Chris Sawyers yacht and it is a 20 min ride and costs around $ 14.00 and the M2Roat will pick you up at the dock for $ 5.00 . Hubby does the diving and and has been diving since he was a teen on the ship wrecks of the Great Lakes in Ontario where the water is murky and cold so diving in the Caribbean is a treat. He has always gone on ship dives with X in Aruba and St Thomas and decided this was the year to try a private company after reading all the reviews on these boards. I have been researching dive comopanies and sites for all the islands that we will be visiting and feel I have gained alot of knowledge and will follow up with review on our return. The cost is not an issue it is the quality and care that counts.

Archived