Flying with duty free liquor

GreenEyesWA

• 2 weeks later...

How does it work when coming in to port via Puerto Rico? On this trip I obtained a hard side luggage so I can bring the booze back in safely. I picked up some bubble wrap at the local Wal-Mart and packed it along. The hard side is about 3/4 full and my second piece of large luggage is about the same. Once the booze is ready to be packed, I can move the contents to the other luggage and the carry on if need be to accommodate for the trip over. Since there will be no customs from SJ airport to the US, I wonder how relaxed the customs in PR are?

I can't believe what I have been reading here, you guys are unreal! You are happy that HAL charges way over the top on on board alcohol, but you are so concerned to save a few dollars on duty free. I just do not get it!

I think that some of your TSA guys are also a bit unreal, we are still laughing at the one who we had to see before leaving Vancouver on our back to back, he was under no pressure whatsoever, in fact they had been looking for us as the last of the non US/Canadians, he didn't even look at us, just told my husband to remove his glasses and look at the camera. Actually that was extremely rude as my husband WAS NOT WEARING GLASSES. Maybe if he was dealing with queues of people, but hey it was just two. I got him back, that was our 3rd screening in 10 days, we do resent having to give our finger prints, I held my left index finger not quite flat and left him to work out that he had a different image................ I do kinda like the way the Brazilians have retaliated....

Archived