Diabetic and Cruising

mdvfromla

This should be my last question for awhile.. lol! I am a Type I diabetic (insulin dependent) and am a little concerned about being away from the comforts of my home and kitchen in the middle of the ocean. (probably just being overly concerned , but... ) Anyone have any insight as to how the PG is with medical concerns (ie. late night snacks, juices, FOOD..) Here lately i've been a 2:30 am waker with low blood sugar and just want to make sure that if I do bottom out I will be able to get my hands on something to bring my sugar up. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Monica :cool:

The PG is GREAT with medical problems. Let RSSC know beforehand, so they can accomodate you (if you read my recent review, you'll see that we met up with a woman with celiac disease. Each night, the next nights' menu was presented to her by the head waitress so that choices could be made and modifications done).

You'll have a small fridge in your room. Why don't you order some room service PRIOR to the night so that you'll have something immediately when you need it? We found that much of the original stuff in the fridge wouldn't be used by us, so had it removed immediately (diet drinks, tonic water....) That left room for 3 glasses of juice we picked up from the pool bar (to mix our rum with), Pepsi, water, beer, and our anniversary cake too!

Again, let RSSC know.

Karen

I cruised on the PG in August 2005. Snacks for low blood sugar will not be a problem. The only problem I had was keeping my insulin cold at the hotel. They did not have a refrigerator at either the pre or post hotel that Radisson provided.

Archived