What Type of Cabin Do YOU Usually Book?

NCL Southward: Inside cabin (I've seen closet's that were bigger)

Grandeur: Aft junior suite (cabin#8666, Now I'm hooked)

Mariner: Aft D1 (cabin #1388, WOW)

Navigator: Aft D1 (cabin#1688, GREAT)

Next up, Enchantment Corner Aft Junior Suite (cabin #7666, I can't wait)

1 inside

1 Balcony (D1)

1 Balcony (D1 aft) Next month :D

Call me spoiled but I just love that feeling of being able to walk out on our balcony and see the beautiful views :p

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

We always book a D1 because it's the least expensive of the options available to us. Since we are a family of 4, anything smaller would be too tight. Anything larger, or booking two cabins, isn't worth the extra money, which I'd rather put towards spening money or another cruise.

I know people say that they hardly spend any time in their cabins, but we do use the balcony a lot. I prefer sitting out there reading to sitting by the pool, and it's a great place to be outdoors in the early morning or late evening in our PJ's or robe without having to get dressed to go to a public space.

First started crusing in 1986 and here is how we progressed:

1986 window NCL Soutward

1987 inside Carnival Festivile

1988 window RCCl SunViking

1994 inside Festivile again

1995 inside NCL Seward

1996 window RCCL Song of Norway

2000 inside Celebrity Horizon

2001 our first balcony on RCCL Granduer and we'll never look back

2003 balcony Celebrity Constellation

2004 balcony RCCL AOS

2005 balcony RCCL Radiance

2006 3 weeks til our balcony RCCL Radiance

For us, we have always booked an inside to save $$. For our upcoming cruises on the Monarch, we are opting for junior suites. I can't wait to be out on a balcony for the first time. I doubt we'll ever go back to inside after this from what everyone says. :D

What seems to be the most popular do you feel? I'm just kinda curious what you experienced and frequent cruisers have to say on this and why.

Thanks!

I get at least an oceanview room just because I don't want to feel TOO closed in. I've never had a balcony simply b/c I can't rationalize spending that type of money when I could be using it for excursions. Besides, I don't spend THAT much time in my cabin and I enjoy being out on deck so it's all good for me!

I would consider an inside room, but it'd have to be a really good cruise!

I made the mistake of taking my wife on her first cruise on Explorer last year in an OS and now can't go back. OS on Freedom in a week and OS on Adventure next year. Although we don't necessarily stay in the room a lot, having the open space and comfort is worth the price to us. The bigger and more crowded the ship, the more we enjoy having the room to escape.

We'll try an RS someday but got to draw the line somewhere. That's just overkill.....;)

On Royal Caribbean,

We have sailed in one inside, one JS (upgraded from D1), and one oceanview. We have a PR booked for next September. Wouldn't do the inside again (I get clausterphobic) but will probably stick to oceanview or PR.

On Princess,

We have saided in 2 obstructed oceanviews and one minisuite. We wouldn't spend the extra money on a minisuite again. We have an obstructed oceanview booked for our cruise in 3 weeks.

• 1 month later...
NCL Southward: Inside cabin (I've seen closet's that were bigger)

Grandeur: Aft junior suite (cabin#8666, Now I'm hooked)

Mariner: Aft D1 (cabin #1388, WOW)

Navigator: Aft D1 (cabin#1688, GREAT)

Next up, Enchantment Corner Aft Junior Suite (cabin #7666, I can't wait)

Hey Mark,

Come back from your upcoming cruise on Enchantment and tell us about that corner aft 7666. I have it booked for my April cruise. Let's hear some details about the cabin and how your cruise goes. Have fun.

we book balconies,i dont have a good back and have had 2 surgeries in the last couple of years,so i spend moe time in the cabin ,and i like my own private space,i dont want to fight for a chair by pool,and like to have coffee in the morning on my balcony,plus it gives me my own santcuary when i need to get away from it all for a bit:))):rolleyes:

In the 90s two Windjammers with port holes, but literally didn't stay in cabin except to sleep as everyone was out on deck all day--and some even slept on deck.

In past year three cruises for me:

1. Norwegian Majesty - OV on Promenade deck--wouldn't do that again although OV was fine.

2. Norwegian Dawn - Booked balcony but got upgraded to an Owner's Suite. Great luxury but out of our financial league unless we got another deal.

3. Brilliance transatlantic - E-1 balcony because I love the sea so much and wanted experience of going outside any time I wanted to whether it was early morning or middle of the night.

Two cruises booked--both OV because they're port intensive so will be out of cabin a lot.

DH has major claustrophobia so couldn't handle an Inside Cabin, and I'm not sure I could either.

In the end it's a matter of how one wants to spend money and time.

I've done "porthole" and inside. Doesn't matter to me. We don't hang in our room. If inside, and you're like DW and I, take along a night light. It's no fun to stumble your way around a dark, dark room, or wake up in one, either.

Archived