couple of questions-planning transatlantic cruise

We2Cruzers

Hi all - I am looking into booking a Westbound Transatlantic cruise on the QM2to celebrate my husband's upcoming birthday next Sept. I've been considering taking a flight from NY (that's where we live) to Dublin and spending a few days there before travelling to Southampton to get the ship.

My questions are -

Has anyone on these boareds ever shipped their luggage ahead to the cruise ship? If so, how did that work out? I'd love to just take carryon to Dublin and then arrive at the ship and collect our bags.

And -does anyone on the board have any tips about Dublin - best place to stay, best way to get from Dublin to Southampton.

Any and all responses would be welcome.

Thanks much,

LK

Which sailing are you looking at? We're booked on the Sept. 22nd after we spend a week in Scotland. Definitely plan to ship our luggage so we don't have to lug formal wear with us for a week. I understand Cunard has something called White Star Luggage service and plan to look into that when the holidays are over.

Hello "Bunkie103" Just wanted to jump in to let you know that my husband and I will be on the Sept 22nd sailing from Southampton. Hope we can start a CC get together on board.

We too plan to ship our luggage but in our case it will be for the NY to Southampton sailing in August - You can reach them at 888-491-0774 for information.

We are going to ship our largest suitcase to the ship for our Transatlantic.

Cunard advised that DHL is the carrier and it is $130. each way for a suitcase not over either 30 or 50 lbs in weight. I can't remember.

We are going to ship our largest suitcase to the ship for our Transatlantic.

Cunard advised that DHL is the carrier and it is $130. each way for a suitcase not over either 30 or 50 lbs in weight. I can't remember.

That's not a bad price at all to take that chore off my hands. Since we'll be in Scotland the week before and won't need our formal clothes it makes packing that much easier. Thanks for the information.

:D

Archived