Scuba in Cabo or Puerto Vallarta?

pamyuccavalley

I have been to both places around the new year and I'd say dive Cabo- hands down! PV was a little murky and not very much to see... However in Cabo I saw seals, a school of rays & even a huge eagle ray. I dove with Manta Dive Shop (off the main beach behind the Office Bar) They were great. On the way back from our two dives the captain saw something off in the distance- he swung the boat around and flew out... it was a pod of Orca. So for the price of two tanks, I also got my own Whale Watching experience...

I'm not sure what the cruise includes for "all equipment"- I have never dove thru the cruise lines. I heard it was crowded and your dives are not tailored to what YOU want to see... Don't be scared to go with an outside dive shop- they are very good about getting you back in time, and sometimes will drop you off right at the dock or tender spot.

Have fun!!!

We have used Manta twice once on a week long visit to Cabo and in May when we were on the Pride. We will never use them again! Both times their answer to not sinking fast enough was to add weights, which we all know is very dangerous! I normally dive with 18lbs of weight with a 3mil suit. They put 30 lbs of weight on me at which point I declined to make the dive. The divemasters did not want to listen when I requested a 3 mil suit instead of a 7mil suit. I made them bring me a 3mil suit for the second dive and was able to sink with 18 lbs of weight. My husband had problems with their regulators and if you are diving from the ship both dives will be at or around Lands End because of time limitations.

• 2 weeks later...
We have used Manta twice once on a week long visit to Cabo and in May when we were on the Pride. We will never use them again! .

Tootsie- So sorry to hear you didn't have a good dive exp with Manta. I hate to recommend a shop that doesn't use safe practices... It makes me sad, especially when I was recommended to use Manta from this website... Hope you never have to experience bad service or unsafe practices again

Check with Pacific Scuba in PV- they did a great job and the Las Marietas Islands were beautiful. Not sure if anyone else has dove there, but it's a great little spot for a dive. And the topside wildlife and scenery isn't too bad either!

Archived