Zip Line for Acrophobics?

ctcoolcruiser

Has anyone taken the shore ex with NCL? (zip line with cave tubing) Some companies links say you have to repel to the ground after the last line. Is this true for all companies? Which company does NCL use? We have one in our group who is afraid of heights but was willing to give this a try. The repeling at the end may be a deal breaker, though. Any advice?

I believe everyone does the zip-lining in the same place--Jaguar Paw--and yes, you have to repell at the end. I wouldn't suggest zip-lining for someone who is afraid of heights. That's like suggesting a shark cage experience for someone who is deathly afraid of sharks. Zip-lines are pretty high up.

OK, I'll confess that person was me, and after seeing your reply and Wales2004's pictures, I think I'll pass. I could probably get up there fine, I just don't think I could make myself step/jump off the platform. Let alone rappel off the final platform. I'd really like to be able to do it, but I don't want to get up there and then freak out. Does anyone know if I can just skip the zipping and join the group for the cave tubing afterward? I don't want to spoil it for the others, whom I know would forego the trip if I said I wouldn't go.

Archived