Baja Deck~Crown Princess

saltymalty

What can you tell me about the Baja Deck. What are the balconys like? How is it related to the rest of the ship, etc?

I had an aft balcony, so don't know about the rest of the balconies. However, in terms of relating it to the rest of the ship, I thought it was nicely placed - especially at the end, once the elevators went out after the tilt. Even before the elevators went out, we often walked up to the Lido (pool/buffet) deck - 3 floors up (no floor 13), or down to the plaza deck (4 floors down) - it was nicely placed in the middle.

Hello!

I am jealous your leaving for the Crown. We were on the Oct. 18th sailing out of NY and we loved every minute. Our room was B504 nicely placed right in the middle of the ship. Huge area to hang clothes, bathroom a bit tight (but what do you expect?). Our balcony was perfect for what we wanted (we had two young ones with us and in the morning we had breakfast every morning out there!). We would walk out our door, take a left and we were just 3 doors away from the stairs/elevators - 3 flights up to Lido.

I'm telling you, wherever you are on the ship, you'll enjoy it! Have a great time.

Hello!

I am jealous your leaving for the Crown. We were on the Oct. 18th sailing out of NY and we loved every minute. Our room was B504 nicely placed right in the middle of the ship. Huge area to hang clothes, bathroom a bit tight (but what do you expect?). Our balcony was perfect for what we wanted (we had two young ones with us and in the morning we had breakfast every morning out there!). We would walk out our door, take a left and we were just 3 doors away from the stairs/elevators - 3 flights up to Lido.

I'm telling you, wherever you are on the ship, you'll enjoy it! Have a great time.

Hi Pink, we were on the same cruise as you. I think we might have met you at the meet & greet?

Anyway, we were on Baja room B219. The Aloha and Baja balconies are the covered ones, meaning that nobody can look down from above onto your balcony, and that you can sit out there if it rains, for example, and stay dry. On the decks below, such as Caribe, we could look right down onto the balconies (and see EVERYTHING that went on. Ahem). :)

Hope that helps.

Sharon

Anyway, we were on Baja room B219. The Aloha and Baja balconies are the covered ones, meaning that nobody can look down from above onto your balcony, and that you can sit out there if it rains, for example, and stay dry

Don't tell my husband that - I had to force him to put pajama pants in his suitcase in case he felt like going out on the balcony in the a.m. - he thought he was going to sit there in his underwear!

We love Baja! Had 419 this past July...now moving a little further back in the 600s next July, just so we have less of a walk to the buffet/aft pool elevators and stairs. We found we go there the most throughout the day...so this way it will be more convenient.

We had an aft cabin on Baja but felt it was too noisey because A/C units were nearby. Friends were in B510 and said the airconditioning was not working very well.

DD was in Caribe 422 and loved the larger balcony. They didn't sit in the extended section where people could see you from Baja above. They liked the extra space. Caribe balconies are double the size of Baja.

http://community.webshots.com/album/553242990waxypS

We had B602

Great Location.... Mid-ship ..We were on the port side (left).

Extremely easy getting around to the prime areas of the ship.

I feel the size is just fine for 2. Plenty of storage.....I had the cabin steward remove the extra chair. What a pleasure, more room to move about....

The Shower size- what can I say, think of a phone booth....Try not to drop the soap.:o

Balcony has the new metal furniture. Does not get hot in the sun. Comfortable....Depending on the sun, this worked out to be to our benefit. No complaints. We used it several times throughout the day/night.

Archived