point me in the right direction

cupidsarrrow

Hello there, first off I want to say wTG to all of you that have stuck to your goals!! Here is my problem, I have had three children ( no not triplets :eek: ) after each of the kids I would gain weight then lose it, all of it after my last child though I have loss most of it except for those last 20 pounds, no matter what I do I sit at the same weight. Infact I have been the same weight since June. I am 5"3 and weigh 143 pounds, it will go up and down lowest being 138. I watch what I eat, the only thing I cant do anything too strenuous due to a really bad knee. Can someone help me out and tell me what I could do to lose my last 20. My goal is 120, I would be happy with 130 too but I want 120. I cruise in 11 weeks, and would love to wear a two peice bathingsuit.

Hello and welcome! If you can't do any exercise, then you'll have to decrease your caloric intake. You might think you're "watching it" bit in reality, you are probably eating more than you need. First, you need to find out how many calories a day it takes for you to maintain your weight. After that, decrease it by 3500 calories a week to lose one pound. A good place to visit to get started is www.sparkpeople.com. Good luck!!!

Maybe try an exercise ball. You can fnd them at Walmart, Target, anywhere really. (make sure to buy the one that come with an air pump)

I ballroom dance, put a great deal of stress on my knees and therefore I am very protective and aware of exercises that causes any kind of knee stress. Ball exercise are low impact, really effective and give great support for knees and back. The ball I bought came with a DVD so I knew how to get started.

Another tip!... When exercising be careful take all of your weight into your entire foot. Only using part of the foot such as your toes or ball of your feet will put undue stress on your knees. Let your feet handle the weight changes, not your knees.

Good Luck!

If you have access to a pool swimming or water exercise is great for bad knees. I rehabbed a running injury in our pool. There are alot of books out there on Amazon with good programs for water training if you don't swim. Also, non-impact things like an elliptical machine or especially a recumbant bike are great. I don't live near a gym so I bought one of each for my house. The bike was right around $100 at Walmart for a decent model and I use it 5 days a week so I definitely get my $$$ out of it. Between that and cutting out overly processed foods I've lost over 40 pounds. For me at least cutting out the overly processed things fills me up so I'm not eating as many calories even though I'm not actually having to count them. (I stink at counting calories!!!) An apple is much more filling than apple sauce or apple pie from McDonalds, etc.

I know it's tough to find time to exercise with kids. I have 4 and I homeschool them. You can do it though. Just start slow and take it easy. I'll never be a runner again but even with my knee I am exercising 5-6 days a week including strength training. BTW, I second the idea of Spark People. It's an excellent and free tool!

Tami

Good point Tami on the pool!. I dont know where the original poster is from but a lot of the Bally's gyms still have pools, and the membership costs are pretty low.

Even with kids, I think they open at 5:00AM, so might be do-able if the poster has a hubby at home to be home with the kids.... Me, hell would have to freeze over before I could get to a gym a 5:00 AM, but who knows!!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I have treadmill and cant do it...well sorry I can but with moderation. I just dont like the feeling when I get off cause I feel like I am still in motion. I bought a month ago from Sears a excersise bike that converts into a rowing machine too. I love it but can't do the rowing. That too can only be done with moderation. Never even thought of the ball! I live an hour away from a pool and hubby and I are wanting to join water aerobics this winter...just have to see when it starts. Does anyone know how one finds out how many calories a person should take to start losing. Think I have been eating about, now this is a guess, 1300 to 1400. I know my hubby is eating 1500 and I eat less than him. He has lost 75 pounds now and has about 60 more to go. He is doing so wonderful!!! He has Jenny to thank for that.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I have treadmill and cant do it...well sorry I can but with moderation. I just dont like the feeling when I get off cause I feel like I am still in motion. I bought a month ago from Sears a excersise bike that converts into a rowing machine too. I love it but can't do the rowing. That too can only be done with moderation. Never even thought of the ball! I live an hour away from a pool and hubby and I are wanting to join water aerobics this winter...just have to see when it starts. Does anyone know how one finds out how many calories a person should take to start losing. Think I have been eating about, now this is a guess, 1300 to 1400. I know my hubby is eating 1500 and I eat less than him. He has lost 75 pounds now and has about 60 more to go. He is doing so wonderful!!! He has Jenny to thank for that.

Archived