Leveant Booking-Problem

We had a confirmed reservation for 8 people for our April cruise on Oceania. He has written a response confirming our itinerary, our lunch stop, the date, number of people, etc. From these boards I noticed another person talking about booking him for the same date. We(our group), therefore contacted him and this was his response.

"Thank you for your e-mail. I am also very confused from my end here. I have lost most of my mails between the dates 05/05/2005 - 09/092006 so I am having a problem but I am trying to sort this out. It seems like I have a double booking. Since, I have lost my mails I thought that I was available on that day but did not realize I already made a commitment. From now on I also keep a separate guiding schedule as it taught me a lesson that one should not fully rely on computers. I always go on first come first served basis. Just to be fair for everyone, I will go for the first people approached me and kindly decline the other party. Could you please let me know when you approached. I will most certainly sort this out. Thank you for your patient."

I'm sorry but I don't buy this story. Even if he meant 5/5/2006 there is something fishy. I would love to hear from people who have current bookings with him if you experienced the same problem, or people who have trips coming up if he said he was having so much trouble with his e-mail and calendar of his reservations. Thank You. Sharon

PS. Even if we were the first people, would you trust him to show up and take you on your tour?? Never had this happen before.

We have Levant booked for May 2007. I have no reason not to believe that his computer crashed. I too have had problems with mine in the past. He mentioned to me that it took a long time to get back to me because of problems with his computer. His references on these and other boards have been outstanding. I prefer to be trusting than not. I would trust him to meet you if you do receive his confrmation again. I have never read that he was a no show for a tour. Have fun whatever happens.

I would suggest giving him the benefit of the doubt and forward your original email to him (along with any emails you have received from him.) But in the meantime, I would also be checking with other drivers to have a back up plan in case Levant discovers that you weren't the original booking.

He replied promptly as follows:

"Thank you for your e-mail and reconfirming the tours in Istanbul on October 16 and 17. Yes, I had some problems on my computer and I am just about catching up with my mails.You are the only ones booked on that day. I will base in touch with you as the time gets closer to your trip. Please do not hesitate to e-mail me if you have any further questions I will be very happy to answer them all."

So all seems well now.

Jerry

We have used him in the past -- 2 days in Istanbul and then he met us in Ephesus. We are using him next March in Izmir.

Levant is the most trustworthy and honest guide. If he said the computer crashed, I would believe him -- knowing him after 3 days with him and seeing his care, concerns, and knowledge.

I think any computer user has had a similar problem at one time or another.

We also had a guide in Cork Ireland who was so thankful we had re-contacted him because he, too, lost all his customer data at one point.

It happens!

Thank you for your responses. We did hear from him and he apologized for the problems caused by his computer. He assured us he will be there. After reading all of your accolades, I do believe we will be happily ever after. Sharon

Archived