True or False?

MamaParrotHead

We're looking at booking one of the Miami excursions the day of debarkation due to having a late flight out of FLL. I was unable to book online, called Carnival, who said they're in the middle of negotiations with the vendors. But when I told her I was inquiring about the Miami excursions, she said you couldn't book until you were onboard the ship. I find that kind of odd. :confused: True or false?

We're looking at booking one of the Miami excursions the day of debarkation due to having a late flight out of FLL. I was unable to book online, called Carnival, who said they're in the middle of negotiations with the vendors. But when I told her I was inquiring about the Miami excursions, she said you couldn't book until you were onboard the ship. I find that kind of odd. :confused: True or false?

True. We did the Everglades excursion after our Valor cruise. We had to wait until we were on board to book it.

We did the Miami Art Deco tour with FLL transfer last Feb.......Miami was set up for the worlds largest Yacht show.......half the route was blocked off and everything was booked.........we booked our excursion on the ship at sea.......the Charter company put us on a Charter bus with brocken A/C and it was 95 degrees that day in Miami.....we drove around for a bit and they pulled over to talk about what would have been the rest of the tour(we couldn't do it because of the yacht show).......everyone on the bus were sweating to death, looking at each other to see if anyone passed out form the heat....they wouldn't let us off the bus....when they finally did I called for new transportation to get us to the airport and called Carnival to start a complaint, Carnival was very quick to say they weren't in any way responsible and that they only offer suggestions for excursion companies. After a month and a half of both companies agreeing there was a problem but they weren't responsible for the excursion(the excursion co wouldn't refund me because Carnival collected my money).....Carnival stepped up and credited my account. I was ticked but didn't let it spoil a wonderful first cruise, and I booked and just went on the Miracle and am booked to go back next year.

Long story short....We had problems, but I'd say it was a rare situation.........Check to see what's happening in the City when you will be there and make sure it won't cause you any problems/conflict with what you want to do. It's better to go into it informed than to get the surprise.

I would say they want to make sure you actually are on the cruise. They don't want their spaces taken by other tourists.

Just like any other excursion, if you can book it through Carnival, they need a booking number. So I'm assuming they know if you have a booking number, you're a Carnival guest.

We did the Miami Art Deco tour with FLL transfer last Feb.......Miami was set up for the worlds largest Yacht show.......half the route was blocked off and everything was booked.........we booked our excursion on the ship at sea.......the Charter company put us on a Charter bus with brocken A/C and it was 95 degrees that day in Miami.....we drove around for a bit and they pulled over to talk about what would have been the rest of the tour(we couldn't do it because of the yacht show).......everyone on the bus were sweating to death, looking at each other to see if anyone passed out form the heat....they wouldn't let us off the bus....when they finally did I called for new transportation to get us to the airport and called Carnival to start a complaint, Carnival was very quick to say they weren't in any way responsible and that they only offer suggestions for excursion companies. After a month and a half of both companies agreeing there was a problem but they weren't responsible for the excursion(the excursion co wouldn't refund me because Carnival collected my money).....Carnival stepped up and credited my account. I was ticked but didn't let it spoil a wonderful first cruise, and I booked and just went on the Miracle and am booked to go back next year.

Long story short....We had problems, but I'd say it was a rare situation.........Check to see what's happening in the City when you will be there and make sure it won't cause you any problems/conflict with what you want to do. It's better to go into it informed than to get the surprise.

Ugh. Totally sounds like something that would happen to me. This is the excursion we're looking at, actually, LOL.

Archived