Pics from Rum Point

Wales 2004

When my wife and I were booking our excursions, the one thing we didnt find enough of were pictures, so we promised to post our pics when we got home in hopes it will give others an idea of what we saw, and hopefully help them to make their decisions or at least have a picture to keep them motivated!

We were aboard the Carnival Miracle, and traveled in September.

www.flickr.com/photos/jasonandnicola

In Grand Cayman, we went to Rum Point (which was like paradise), but there are also pics from Belize, Costa Maya, and a few from Cozumel.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for the pictures. We leave on our cruise next Saturday. We are driving to Rum Point as well.

Who did you rent your car from? Did you have any trouble driving on the left or finding Rum Point? Did you make any stops that you would recommend along the way?

We went to Rum Point as part of a tour last year and are very excited about going back. The hammocks were a wonderful way to relax after a drink and some yummy food.

We rented our car from caymanautorentals, but I have heard andy's is good as well. I had no problem getting to rum point, there arent that many options as far as roads go :)

We didnt make any other stops, and other than shopping we didnt see many things we would want to stop for. The drive was interesting but not riveting.I am sure with a little research you could find other sites to see, we were just focused on beach time.

Hope you have a great time! We loved Rum point!

We leave on the Century next week and Celebrity has an excursion that just goes to Rum Point to relax for 4 hours and we are up for it! Thanks so much for the great pics. I am ready. Qx: Did you go in the water? It looks very shallow. Could you snorkel there? Marilyn

The water is waist deep for about 200 yards out, basically to the end of the pier, and then there looks to be a drop off of deeper water. I am sure you could snorkel there, but I am not sure what there is to see. I dont think there is a reef or anything, but I am probably not the one to ask :)

The water was like a nice warm bath! And you could see right through it!

Enjoy your time and know that nicola and I are jealous!

The rental agency did give us a map, and it was helpful. However, I cant stress enough that it is hard to get lost. The whole island is only 20 something miles long :)

There was food avaiable at teh bar, and it was reasonable priced. However, here is the kicker, everything in GC is in Cayman Dollars, and the exchange rate is usually $10 GC = $8 US, so that makes things a tad more expensive. I think the average lunch was between $7 - $10 GC, and beverages varied depending on how much alcohol you wanted. They make a mudslide that is to die for!

Garv, that is the best part of the whole thing, just sitting and knowing you have nowhere else to be, and even when you get back, someone else does all the cooking and cleaning!

We have been home for a few months now and we are still having withdrawals :(

Enjoy your time and no many are jealous!

• 1 month later...

Archived