Pics from Zip Lining and Cave Tubing

Wales 2004

When my wife and I were booking our excursions, the one thing we didnt find enough of were pictures, so we promised to post our pics when we got home in hopes it will give others an idea of what we saw, and hopefully help them to make their decisions or at least have a picture to keep them motivated!

We were aboard the Carnival Miracle, and traveled in September.

www.flickr.com/photos/jasonandnicola

In Belize we zip lined and cave tubed with Nacho and Cynthia, and had a fantastic time!

Hope you enjoy!

Just back from Belize on the 10-28 sailing of the Veendam. Had a great time and the Canopy Tour (zip-lining was the hi-lite of the week).

If two 50+ ladies can do it, anyone can! Will admit my legs were a little shaky after the last repel! Marti

16832694_martizip.jpg.b2d65e3847da8cd9da38d47c46fa9c1b.jpg

First of all, great photos! Costa Maya looks especially incredible. Secondly, is the "secret beach" in Costa Maya north or south of the pier? Can you see it from the ship? Based on your helpful photos it should be easy to find.

Thanks.

Harry--I want to know about the secret beach too. We rented golf carts and drove over to a great beach at Mahajual (sp?) I'm not that great with directions but I think it was south of the Costa Maya. It has gotten quite a bit more popular lately but, if you drive far enough down through the village it is just a beautiful beach. I highly recommend the massage on the beach!

Thanks to all for the great pics! I can't wait to cave tube and ziplinein January. Has anyone tried the tour group from a company I found on the web called see belize (all one word with a letter C instead of having it spelled out)? It won't let me type it in as it is spelled unless it is all ****--sorry. DH is a little concerned about booking through someone other than the ship. But, I would rather save 50% and try them. Haven't been able to find anything on them yet though so I'm a little skeptical. Thanks for any input.

Thanks again for the pics--love them all

Marti great picture! We leave next weekend and are booked for a zip line and cave tubing tour. Can not wait.

Which company are you going through that does cave tubbing and zipline as one tour? We were planning on doing cave tubbing in Belize and zip line in Costa Rica. But if we can find a company that does both maybe we'll do that. Thanks for any information you can give me.

2crusinoldies--I found the company online. For some reason it won't let me put their name in my post. You can email Narciso Garcia at belizetrips@yahoo.com. Haven't been able to find anyone that has used them yet though. It sounds like they all use the same ziplines and caves to tube.

If anyone has any info I wuld really appreciate the input.

Thank you for sharing your pictures!!! My brother and I are in for the zip lining on the 12-24 Carnival Miracle cruise and cannot wait. The pictures make me look more forward to it!

Question though for anyone- I have read some people discussing "repelling". What are you repelling from? I mean, I dont have to start lifting weights or anything, do I?

Thanks again for the pics!!!

Thank you for sharing your pictures!!! My brother and I are in for the zip lining on the 12-24 Carnival Miracle cruise and cannot wait. The pictures make me look more forward to it!

Question though for anyone- I have read some people discussing "repelling". What are you repelling from? I mean, I dont have to start lifting weights or anything, do I?

Thanks again for the pics!!!

No problem on the double post :)

If you want to reach Nacho and Cynthia their email address is nacho_cynthia@yahoo.com

If you contact them, tell them Nicola and Jason said Hi!

As far as repelling, there is no true repelling, and you dont need to start lifting weights. Except for getting off the last platform, you are basically just sliding along a cable, while securely strapped in I might add, and all you need to do is pull down on the wire when it is time to stop or when you feel you are going to fast.

There were people of all skill levels on our tour and no one had a problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of your wonderful pictures! I get so excited to see where my husband and I will be in a few months. We've got the same schedule but only on a different ship, the Legend (since Carnival changed them).

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the time you put into making the interactive map for us all. One question for you if you don't mind.

How long does it take to make this walk? Is it miles or actually just a few 100ft? I thought it wasn't very far to the resort, but some of the photos look like we'll be walking for miles. :confused: Thanks, Steph

Archived