Help! Help! Help!

lisa225

i am now holding two reservations for easter for myself and 15 yr. old son. one back to back on explorer (4/1&4/8) in a grand suite and one on celebrity constellation (panama canal 4/2) sky suite. we were on the explorer last summer (BAYONNE) and will be on it again next summer. the constellation has a great itinerary (11day) but the sky suite appears quite small and i'm worried about "teen angst/boredom" on celebrity (we have never sailed X ). the cost on explorer for the 14 days is approx. the same as X due to a great senior(which i will be in feb!!!) rate for the grand suite(which we are familiar with as that was our category on the previous explorer trip). I originially wanted the jewel (much more expensive for gs back to back than explorer) or brilliance (no gs, have our name on a wait list). having never been on celebrity and having only sailed on voyager class (voyager twice and explorer twice) i am in a tizzy over what to choose. for those of you with teens who have sailed various ships/lines i would gratefully accept any advice. i will even accept suggestions i haven't thought of!!!!

thanks,lisa

i am now holding two reservations for easter for myself and 15 yr. old son. one back to back on explorer (4/1&4/8) in a grand suite and one on celebrity constellation (panama canal 4/2) sky suite. we were on the explorer last summer (BAYONNE) and will be on it again next summer. the constellation has a great itinerary (11day) but the sky suite appears quite small and i'm worried about "teen angst/boredom" on celebrity (we have never sailed X ). the cost on explorer for the 14 days is approx. the same as X due to a great senior(which i will be in feb!!!) rate for the grand suite(which we are familiar with as that was our category on the previous explorer trip). I originially wanted the jewel (much more expensive for gs back to back than explorer) or brilliance (no gs, have our name on a wait list). having never been on celebrity and having only sailed on voyager class (voyager twice and explorer twice) i am in a tizzy over what to choose. for those of you with teens who have sailed various ships/lines i would gratefully accept any advice. i will even accept suggestions i haven't thought of!!!!

thanks,lisa

The Sky Suite on Celebrity is considerably not as roomy as a GS on any RCI ship. We stayed in a SS when we did Celebrity Summit, and for my husband and I it was just fine.......except for the butler that comes with it. IMHO, I think your teenager would have more fun on the Explorer as it is a much larger ship than the Connie and I think it is more geared to teenagers, especially with the teen program that is offered. Enjoy which ever cruise you decide.

Itinerary wise you are less likely to see teens on a Panama Canal cruise than other Caribbean cruises due to length. Most families don't go on cruises longer than 7 days. Now since it is Easter time there will be a lot of families with spring break so there will be more teens on any ship but you will find more on regular Caribbean itineraries than the PC cruises.

Archived