Captain Bryans - Great Tour, Great Price!

jaycee200

Just wanted to write a quick review of our time with Captain Bryan's in Grand Cayman. We were there on October 25, 2006 and I had pre-booked with Captain Bryan for my party of 3 for the 3 hour tour to Sting Ray City, with 2 additional snorkel stops at the Barrier Reef and The Aquarium.

We took a brief walk and located the meeting place and then placed on an air conditioned van and drove down to where the boat was meeting. We had about ... 20 other people on the boat, and there was TONS of room for us. The boat was very nice (I believe we were originally booked on the Buccaneer, but there was a slight change and our tour was on the Hannibal, which was a great boat!). The Sting Ray stop was unbelievable. It took QUITE some time for my friends to get me into the water, but it was very cool once I finally talked myself into getting in the water with the Sting Rays. A very unique experience! The guides were great and made sure that everyone had a chance to see the Sting Ray up close if we wanted and get our picture taken and made sure we all were safe. After the Sting Rays, we drove a bit in the boat and did our first snorkeling stop. I have snorkeled before in Bahamas, but this was great! So many different fish, and I swear I saw and eel (no one else did to confirm it, so maybe it was wishful thinking??). Then it was on to the Barrier Reef for our final stop. We were back to the ship in plenty of time, and the crew really took care of us, as far as making sure we had water or punch to drink, that we were up to date on how to go in the water with the Sting Rays, what to expect and how to behave around them. I really thought our crew did a great job, and I think Captain Bryans was a bargin for the 3 hr tour for $39! Capt. Bryan was very quick to email me back when I asked questions about the tour and quick to get us confirmed. I just wanted to recommend Captain Bryan's! Great deal and we had a great time!!

A pic I took with my underwater (I prefer the Fuji Underwater cameras from Walmart!) ... No zoom in this pic.. .that Sting Ray was RIGHT THERE!

2437011640069639294TpixiQ_th.jpg

Pic of me trying to get the courage to touch the sting ray (our ship is the one to the LEFT)

2523004710069639294ncuGXu_th.jpg

We were on the Caribbean Princess and there WERE problems with tendering, but not "normal" issue. For some reason the normal tenders and dock that Princess uses werent able to be used, so they were using the MUCH smaller boats back and forth (I think the issue was there was some issue at the dock, and they werent allowing the larger tender boats). Anyway, since they had to use the smaller boats, it took a LONG time to get on shore. I think from the time we left the meeting place on board in one of the lounges, it took about an hour before we arrived (most of the wait was waiting on the stair wells waiting for the next boat to come and pick us up, and then about a 20 minute boat ride). So yes, we DID have a problem with the tendering, luckily we had planned to hit a few shops prior to meeting up at Captain Bryans, so we actually arrived JUST on time to our schedule meeting time for the tour! They told us it was a very RARE occurence that they had to use the smaller boats, so I'm sure you guys will be fine!

Thanks for the great review. We booked this excursion through Captain Bryan and will be there on December 4th. I am so excited! I wonder, will my eight year old be able to stand up in the water?

We are tendering also, so it is great to hear that they will wait for us and that the timing is not going to be an issue.

Thanks for sharing!!!

How tall are 8 year olds these days? ;) Can you tell I'm "childess"? But, this thread link had a great picture (post #6) that shows people of all ages at the Sting Ray City tour place and that if needed, the kids have on a life vest to help keep them in place and be able to get the best views, etc!

Sneak a peak!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=353605

-Jill

I wonder, will my eight year old be able to stand up in the water

My daughter was 6 the first time she went to Sting Ray City and she did just fine and Yes it was with Captain Bryan, we have used is company 3 times, we just wait until we get to the pier and find him, we really like the fact that he has small groups. The second time we went there were only 7 people on the boat, we had great personalized attention and did a few extra snorkel spots.

Archived