Tuxedo rental Service

Mintty Girl

Has anyone ordered the Tuxedo rental service, My DH and myself are on the Crown Princess leaving San Juan on the 23rd December, the Christmas and New Year cruise, and can't wait.

However due to luggage allowance from England he was thinking of hiring this package.

Has anyone used it before, and if so what did you think.

We are both new to Cruising, and think this is a great site to get information.:)

Has anyone ordered the Tuxedo rental service, My DH and myself are on the Crown Princess leaving San Juan on the 23rd December, the Christmas and New Year cruise, and can't wait.

However due to luggage allowance from England he was thinking of hiring this package.

Has anyone used it before, and if so what did you think.

We are both new to Cruising, and think this is a great site to get information.:)

I have used the service many a times onboard and they have a great service that provides two shirts, two pants , bow tie cumberbunm, cuff links and you can even rent the shoes if you would like to.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

They are also FAST in an emergency. My husband FORGOT his tuxedo pants (we had the jacket, vest, shirt and cufflinks..don't ask) and the pants were brought up in 1/2 hour!!!!!!!! They also (we were shocked) had his size 32x29.

We've used the service a couple of times. The first time, my DH's pants were about five sizes too big and when we asked for help, our steward brought safety pins. That worked okay until Chris bent to tie his shoe just prior to meeting the captain. We have a great picture with me holding his pants from behind.

The second time, the suit was fine, but he argued with Princess about it because the service wasn't offered in Australia at that point. Princess made good and the suit was great. That Valentine's Day I got Chris his own tux, so that was the end of our renting.

However, on the last cruise, he forgot his dress shirts. Within a half an hour, the purser was there with several sizes, colors, styles and a big smile. This is one reason why we continue to cruise with Princess.

Charlie

My DH has rented a tux twice and it was great......got pants, jacket, two shirts and shoes. Everything fit great and he was very pleased. It was delived the first day to our room and we were able to just leave it there at the end of the cruise. A very good value for the $$'s it cost. Sure is not worth packing one along and taking up space.

I've used this service several times and it's been well worth the money spend not to have to lug one from home. As others have mentioned, it is delivered the first day if not already in your closet when you arrive.

Be sure, though, to try it on as they recommend. You need to ensure the jacket and pants are a good fit and check the shirt sizes to ensure they're what you asked for. Last trip I ended up with flood pants but a quick call to the room steward and he took them back - returning the next morning with the right size. This is particularly important as normally your first formal night will be the night after sailing.

Have a great trip!

Rob

DH has his own, but doesn't want to take up valuable packing space - especially since we add a week or two on to the end of the cruise. Last time we did not receive the studs, etc. A call to our room steward had everything delivered in time for dinner - highly recommend this service.:)

Let me add that I've also used the service a couple of times and had good experiences. I'm not sure why people keep referring to their room stewards, though--I always communicated with the onboard tailor when I had a question or problem.

Besides trying the tux on right away (very important!), I would also check the pressing job they did on the shirt pleats. They do these "quick and dirty" style, so more often than not the pleats on the front of my shirts have been really funky. I'm not a stickler, though, so I kept my jacket buttoned and that covered the worst of it. I could see this bothering someone else, though.

On my last cruise, I noticed one shirt was was too short. The tag was correct, but the shirt had been sewn wrong. The tailor came right up, despite being in the middle of his lunch (I told him I could wait, but he insisted), and brought three shirts to replace the one that was bad. He insisted I keep two of the three "just in case". :)

I would also opt for the stain/rip insurance. It's only a few dollars more, and I find it comes in useful at least once a cruise as sauces tend to fly on some formal nights. :D

Jape

The tux service was good. I had my tailor take my measurements and I submitted it to the tux rental firm. The tux was hanging in our closet when we arrived at the ship. The shoes were a bit loose but that was better than being too tight. There were twice as many studs and cufflinks as was required. And they requested that the steward pick up the tux and accessories on the day after the last formal night (not disembarkation day).

Hi all:

I ordered the tux for DH for our Med cruise on the Brilliance (Sept). Everything was in the cabin when we arrived. We left it in the cabin when we departed in Barcelona. Everything was a perfect fit. (Make sure you measure correctly - don't just guess) The socks are yours to keep!! The company is called Cruiseline Formalwear. It was definitely worth it instead of hauling it to Europe even though he does have his own tux. (Have to think of weight in the bags now)

Snowbird

... It was definitely worth it instead of hauling it to Europe even though he does have his own tux. (Have to think of weight in the bags now)

Snowbird, my wife should think like you. I have a tux but figured renting tux and shoes would ease up on our luggage weight. My wife loved the idea. Because she then had additional room to take more of her clothes and shoes.

For the classic black tux with two shirts, studs, cummberbund it was $85.00. I ordered one pair of thin black dress socks $6.00 and suspenders $5.00. Total order was $98.50. For that, I got to take more clothes for myself! Or was it more shoes? Hmmm :rolleyes:

Snowbird

I might be wrong and I'll definitely check my paperwork, but I have rented one for my hubby for our upcoming Feb. cruise, and the $85.00 package didn't include shoes. Not that it matters to us, because he prefers his own anyway, (he "roughs" the soles so that they are not slippery) but just thought I'd mention it. We used them once before too, and were very pleased. I think that the total with insurance was $87.50 for the whole cruise. Loralie

Archived