Taxi fares in San Juan

kartum9

I believe it was around $20 last time we were there. I thought getting a cab on disembarkation was sort of confusing but it didn't take too long. The easiest way is to let a porter take your luggage once you find it and then have him take you through the gate and hail a cab for you. they do try to get full vans of passengers before leaving for the airport.

We do the taxi to/from Pan Am pier every Jan. and it's easy. As you leave the baggage claim area to the outside of the airport, there is a line for cabs which moves very efficiently. The lady in charge will ask how many, how many bags and where you are going...then she summons the next cab (many are mini-vans) and writes the info on a form giving the driver his copy and you the rest. No margin for error and the rate is pre-dtermined. I believe it was about $20. or so and we tipped another few dollars with 3 bags. On the return, once off the ship and having claimed your bags in the pier area, the same process takes place in the reverse direction. It takes about 20-25 mins. from airport to pier or the reverse if there's no heavy traffic. We always are pleased that their system is so organized and always do our own air/transfers via cab because of this.

It is about $20 (for two people) depending on how many suitcases you have. Every time we have done this, it takes about 15 min to the pier. We have never been stuck in traffic, but I have heard that it happens. It is very easy. The same happens on disembarkation day... very easy, not worth paying extra for the cruise transfer. Once, we shared a cab with other passengers and it came out to be under $15 for both of us... Enjoy your cruise.

Archived