Past Guest Party

muleevans

I find it amazing that some people on this board pick and choose the rules they want to apply to them.

It's okay to pack your suitcase with booze even tho Carnival says that is not permitted, but let's be rude and sarcastic to a poster for asking a question or bringing non past guest to the past guest party which is not permitted either.

Haven't seen many post on the "can I being my own booze" saying oh no that is against the rules. But then I guess that is one of the rules a lot of posters don't want to apply to them so therefore it doesn't count.

Personally I don't bring my own booze or bring uninvited guests to the past guest party. Rules are rules and I don't pick and choose.

Well good for you. Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Brenda...:D

Some folks talk apples and oranges. To me, it's none of my concern if anybody/everybody brings booze on board.

However, the overcrowding at the party due to uninvited guests does concern me as they are infringing on something I've 'earned' and they haven't.

Oh well. IF they are finally taking steps to rectify this - good for Carnival!:)

According to BizJournal (one of a few googled sites to confirm)

" Repeat Cruisers – The majority of people booking a cruise this year have been on at least one cruise before. A full 70 stores reported that repeat cruisers make up more than 50% of their customers."

Do past guest include children? Of course -- I fully expect that the larger ships are packed with past guests, including children, cramming into the main floor of the Caribbean Lounge. I'm not sure what the past guest ratio is for Carnival but it seems to me that more and more of us are becoming past guests. Hopefully Carnival will increase discounts for us, but what else can they do to make us feel "special" on board. Hard to make the majority feel any more special than the treatment they try to provide for everyone.

As for our family.... we love being on board. Many people think that the past guest reception is a very special happening. I hope that anyone going truly enjoys being there. I just don't understand how exclusive this is when half the ship is trying to get in -- with proper invitations.

Anyone wanting to go in our place is more than welcome. Oops sorry, that would be breaking the rules. Meet me in the bar and I'll buy you a drink.

A lot to do about nothing. The past guest party is like it says PAST GUEST only. That being said it's no big thing. A few drinks and sandwiches and about 30-45 minutes later you're out. It's a nice guesture by Carnival to past guest.

You don't think those that 'sneak' in are the same ones too cheap to tip???? Oh god I'm in for it now!!!:p:p

As for the S&S group, they have fun no matter what. Plus they have their own past guest party for 7 days!! :-)

Interpretation. Some people think that cow manure is crap others it's fertilizer. Same with with how your want to interpet what past guest means.

Some people think past guest means a PAST GUEST and others think it means past guest and any other guest they want it to mean. Oh well, in the scheme of things this past guest contraversy won't hurt anybodys cruise.

Give them one of your cards -- you use the other. It's ridiculous that some would say not to bring them..... these parties are so over crowded that it hardly matters anymore.... as for our family... we vowed never to go again due to the crowding. A free drink or two is hardly worth it to me.

That's probably because of past guets bringin NON past guests with them.

if this is the first cruise we are taking the kids on will they get a gold card too?

No, they will have red, white and blue, if this is their first Carnival cruise, everything is based on the individual, DW will have platinum this year, I will still be gold

We received 1 invitation each for each of us to attend .. didn't say bring your spouse, mate, brother, sisiter, mother, father, uncle, aunt, or anyone.. IT was addressed to ONE person..

NO your kids will be blue cards.. 1st cruise for anyone is that regardless of what colour you or your husband has.

My first cruise on Carnival (my third cruise) was what TOTALLY made it for me!......It was my first on Carnival and I happened to meet someone who had been on several!!!!! All the parties were so very much fun....not overcrowded to me in the least.....no hassles....it was always fun brief and go back up to Lido or get ready for dinner.....THIS is what sold me on my belief that the "fun ships" are where I belong.

How can I justify this.....hmmmmmmmm......good thought....if you are invited to a wedding or a party.....doesnt common sense tell you right away "and guest"....(NOT saying your whole cruise party of like 10) ......just a thought anyways......So Im crossing my fingers that my next cruise will be with the man of my dreams (still looking ;) ) who hasnt cruised before....and I get an invite and cant bring him because he has never cruised before.....that just doesnt settle well.....not to mention there are surely as many who dont attend than do....so can we call this a wash?

ps I didnt go to ANY of the parties on the Glory (my last cruise)....surely I wasnt the only one......I donno....just my "simple" thoughts.....your companion is autimatically invited as far as Im concerned......AND GUEST keeps ringing in my ears at this time......I dont have children but if and when I do....they would be at the camp at this time......some things are for adults only as far as Im concerned.....

Great cruising to ALL!

me.

How can I justify this.....hmmmmmmmm......good thought....if you are invited to a wedding or a party.....doesnt common sense tell you right away "and guest"....(NOT saying your whole cruise party of like 10) ......just a thought anyways......So Im crossing my fingers that my next cruise will be with the man of my dreams (still looking ;) ) who hasnt cruised before....and I get an invite and cant bring him because he has never cruised before.....that just doesnt settle well.....not to mention there are surely as many who dont attend than do....so can we call this a wash?

The invitations are sent to each person(past guest) in the cabin individually so each person would need an invitation. In the case you described above you would need to contact the purser's desk and explain the situation to arrange for an invitation for your friend. If you read all of the posts above it was stated that now you have to show your "gold" or "platinum" past guest S&S cards to enter.

We received 1 invitation each for each of us to attend .. didn't say bring your spouse, mate, brother, sisiter, mother, father, uncle, aunt, or anyone.. IT was addressed to ONE person..

NO your kids will be blue cards.. 1st cruise for anyone is that regardless of what colour you or your husband has.

my kids became gold at the same time as us, so i don't know the answer to bringing them. But i wld hope that carnival wld let the kids go with their parents, and make an exception for that type of situation.

By now the OP has had an earful of opinions, some right, some wrong. :rolleyes: We just got off the Miracle. Each of us received an invitation to the PGP and it said to bring them with you. They did not check S&S cards but did require that you have the invitation to attend the party.

Personally, I don't think the party is that great but we went anyway as it had been a while since our last Carnival cruise. As others have said, this is NOT for past guests and whoever they want to bring. It's past guests ONLY!

Hmmmmmmmmm I guess he was "VIP" because he didnt have any invite at hand, and was greeted by name at the door......woooooo wooooooo......geez didnt know that it was such a "priviledge" but now I do! I guess all the VIP servers were in there too, as a few new my name too by that time so that made me feel pretty darn special!

Im done, I guess it just all depends, if you get to go to the parties being blue and white.."bitchen"....Im glad I was fortunate to have been able to experiance all the extras..... Like I said....THAT is SO what sold me for future cruises.

ENJOY!

my kids became gold at the same time as us, so i don't know the answer to bringing them. But i wld hope that carnival wld let the kids go with their parents, and make an exception for that type of situation.

Kids don't want to go to this type of thing anyway, they would just sit there board, it's a bunch of adults sitting around drinking the free booze.

Send them down to the arcade for awhile.

We had a ball at the past guest party. My husband won the drawing.Each person gets an invitation and they were asking for them at the door when we went in sept.They will have something to look forward to on their next cruise:)

Kids don't want to go to this type of thing anyway, they would just sit there board, it's a bunch of adults sitting around drinking the free booze.

Send them down to the arcade for awhile.

nah. my kids are way too young to go off on their own on the ship. and i'd never send them into Camp Carnival b/c we head to dinner right after. also, they too are past guests, so why not? they've always gone, and they were never bored. we only stay for a little while. they get a soda and have a few apps. we get a drink, have a few apps, and we're on our way. And, they have never been the only kids there. there are always others. i can see maybe where there may be less kids on very long itineraries simply b/c families can't take them out of school for that long.

also, like hstrybuff, we've always rec'd printed invites and have had to turn them in at the door. we have never shown our S&S card. maybe that was how it used to be several years ago?

So many people are becoming repeat cruisers, before long 70% or 80% of the pax will be past cruisers. The invitation you give them becomes a raffle ticket for a drawing. They used to give away a free cruise. Now they give away a bottle of Champagne. Same with the debarkation talk. They used to give away a free cruise from each ship. Now the winner of each ship gets his name put into a drawing with all the other ships sailing that month for the free cruise. They only give one free cruise away each month. Probably about the same odds as winning the lottery.

I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinue the past guest party altogether when the percentage of pax gets near 100%.

Personally, I really enjoy it. I get to visit with others who cruise regularly. I like to hear about other ships and cruise lines. Still haven't cruised anything but Carnival, yet.

---Bruce

• 3 months later...

On my first Carnival cruise I was just so thrilled to be on a cruise at all. My DH and I had discovered a new special way of vacationing and were taking advantage of every minute. It never crossed my mind to try to get into some party that I wasn't invited to. I tend to agree with what everyone else is saying...that these parties are for past guests only. They'll have their turn next time around and should just enjoy being on their first Carnival cruise! There is truly so much else they can do! :)

Archived