upgrade

claudiaj

We booked really late, like this week for 11/12 sailing of the Freedom-but we had to take a oceanview on deck 2-has anyone had any experience with upgrading at the pier. It appears to me on the RCCL web sight there are no

balcony cabins available-which was probably the reason we were unable to get one. I was told to try at the pier-any luck anyone.

Also, we need to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Marriott Key Biscayne which is about 1 mile from the pier-anyone have any suggestions on how to do that other than a cab.

Claudiaj

First of all, is this your first cruise with RCI? Second have you called and actually talked to someone at RCI??

If not, you should use your Crown & Anchor status. Call the Crown & Anchor desk and tell them what you are wanting. They do a much better job than the customer service people at granting requests. If you talk to someone direct, ask them to check all the blocks from T.A.'s and Websites. A lot of times, these are still being held and are available.

As for getting to pier, the cab is your best, quickest, and most flexible answer. It is not far and should not cost much.

Hope This Helps.

We booked really late, like this week for 11/12 sailing of the Freedom-but we had to take a oceanview on deck 2-has anyone had any experience with upgrading at the pier. It appears to me on the RCCL web sight there are no

balcony cabins available-which was probably the reason we were unable to get one. I was told to try at the pier-any luck anyone.

Also, we need to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Marriott Key Biscayne which is about 1 mile from the pier-anyone have any suggestions on how to do that other than a cab.

Claudiaj

Check with the Marriott, they probably have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport.

First of all, is this your first cruise with RCI? Second have you called and actually talked to someone at RCI??

If not, you should use your Crown & Anchor status. Call the Crown & Anchor desk and tell them what you are wanting. They do a much better job than the customer service people at granting requests. If you talk to someone direct, ask them to check all the blocks from T.A.'s and Websites. A lot of times, these are still being held and are available.

As for getting to pier, the cab is your best, quickest, and most flexible answer. It is not far and should not cost much.

Hope This Helps.

I agree with using your C&A status. Also, call C&A the day off if you don't have an upgrade by then. It worked for us and we didn't even have to ask.

Now - to the O.P. Ft. Lauderdale to Key Biscayne is NOT close. The Mariott Key Biscayne is in Miami. Is there any reason that you are not flying into Miami? A cab from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami is going to be very expensive. I would look into a shuttle from FLL to Miami airport and then take a cab from the Miami airport to the Marriott.

Hope this helps.

Claudiaj

FLL to MIA - Catch the Airport Shuttle which is a share ride for $18pp. The way back from MIA to FLL will either have to be by cab or limo/town car which both will be about $75-80 including tip. I answered before not knowing where the Marriott was and I really don't think they would have a shuttle from FLL to MIA. Sorry.

We are flying into Fll because Miami is either not available or really really high-

detroit-fll was $208.00 each, really good fare, even with a 100 cab fare it still would be less expensive.

I'll check with n C & A and see what I can do-we are members. thanks

Claudia

I just returned from the Freedom, what a wonderful ship, had a great time, ours was also a late booking, and we had a pr cabin, ship was full, so much too do, dont worry about spending too much time in your cabin. They told us, they are pretty much sailing full, but do watch the sailing date, we did see some balconys and junior suites come available the last week, but we did not want to pay the extra money, we had a great, great time,

I agree with using your C&A status. Also, call C&A the day off if you don't have an upgrade by then. It worked for us and we didn't even have to ask.

Now - to the O.P. Ft. Lauderdale to Key Biscayne is NOT close. The Mariott Key Biscayne is in Miami. Is there any reason that you are not flying into Miami? A cab from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami is going to be very expensive. I would look into a shuttle from FLL to Miami airport and then take a cab from the Miami airport to the Marriott.

Hope this helps.

MY BAD - - and my appologies. I was picturing the hotel that's at the pier there in Ft. Lauderdale.

There are shuttles (a bus ride) that we used that cost around $40 per person round trip (I think RCI can arrange this or you can book it yourself)

If push comes to shove and you can't upgrade, let me tell you that we had a Deck Two ocean view on Freedom of the Seas and it was not that bad at all. The window is large, not the pizza pie pan size porthole you sometimes get on Deck Two on ships such as Radiance.

Furthermore, Deck Two is quite convenient for going on tours and returning and is close to the Prominade and the theater if you are up to climbing a couple of flights of stairs.

If you really prefer a balcony, of course an ocean view is no substitute at all, but an ocean view is a heck of a lot better than an inside room.

Archived