Good News for QE2 Transatlantic Fans???

bobby1119

Be prepared to pay with a voucher obtained before you go back to your car. And the machine does not take Discover Card.

When I came in the man said I pay when I leave (unlike Manhattan) They said just drive up to the machine Well, I questioned this, but did what I was tld. Well, there is no human to take your money, but a booth a ways away. Once you are in the line with angry drivers behind you and find you do not have the correct means to pay, it can be unpleasant!

That's the best I can tell you, unless they have improved the process!

Karie,

who tried to get information, but they were not forthcoming

I'm doing the QE2 Westbound crossing on Jan 2nd. I plan to leave my car at Red Hook at $18/day and have it ready when we arrive back in NYC.

After dropping off my auto, I need to get to JFK. I note that an NCL ship will depart about an hour and a half before I arrive to park; otherwise there will be no ships docked.

Does anybody have any experience in finding a cab at Red Hook when there is no ship docked? Has anyone used the long term parking lot?

DaddyWarbucks,

The NCL ship is sailing from Manhattan, not Red Hook! It has finally been determined that QE2 will use Red Hook. Check into this carefully as last Sunday I did a practice run to Red Hook which was locked and chained up as no ship was in. You don't want to get locked out as that will have a domino effect on your getting the car parked somewhere and then getting to JFK.

Good Luck & Have a great crossing!

DaddyWarbucks,

The NCL ship is sailing from Manhattan, not Red Hook! It has finally been determined that QE2 will use Red Hook. Check into this carefully as last Sunday I did a practice run to Red Hook which was locked and chained up as no ship was in. You don't want to get locked out as that will have a domino effect on your getting the car parked somewhere and then getting to JFK.

Good Luck & Have a great crossing!

Thanks for the good info! On doing some research, I found out that renting cars will cost no more that leaving the car at Red Hook.

Further looking reveals that Avis has a branch in Atlantic Ave. B'klyn which is just a few minutes from red hook. This will be a big help on arrival.

It has finally been determined that QE2 will use Red Hook.

Bobby:

Given the way this thing has played out over the course of the last few months, I can't stop myself from double-checking with you on this point...

Is this absolutely rock solid ???

QE2 will definitely be docking at Red Hook in January ???

Bobby:

Given the way this thing has played out over the course of the last few months, I can't stop myself from double-checking with you on this point...

Is this absolutely rock solid ???

QE2 will definitely be docking at Red Hook in January ???

That is what I am told. That is what I am planning. I will trust the webcam the morning of the 8th. I cannot believe tomorrow is my last day at work and that in just about 2 weeks I will set sail.

I'll keep checking in before I leave.

Be well, Tom.

Bobby:

Whether you sail from Manhattan or Brooklyn, I guess at this point the most important thing is that you are in fact about to embark on a QE2 World Cruise !!!

I think that this is your last day at work before retiring (apologies if I'm thinking of someone else's situation)...if so, Congratulations !!

It's fun for me to think that you are about to start something that will be continuing on April 21 when "Transatlantic Tom" & "Skipperette" (my QE2-besotted wife !!) will be joining the party.

I'll be checking in with you before January 8 !!

Archived