NCL Jewel OR RCCL Voyager with 3 year old?

hunter6009

We are going to do a mediterranean cruise with our 3 year old and I'm hoping I'm not insane! Which ship (NCL Jewel vs. RCCL Voyager of the Seas) has a better kids program? Will there be any other kids? What happens if they don't have many kids? We will be going in Aug. or Sept. 2007.

What about if DH and I want to go to port without DS. Do they offer babysitting? Would you leave your DS on the ship and trust the staff?

Any additional info. for anyone who has gone on either of these 2 ships would be great!!!

We are going to try Ncl in march so i can't speak for them,but i have been on Voyager twice and Explorer once.The Adventure ocean programs are Excellent with nice pool areas for the kids.Do i trust the staff.definatly.Would i leave my child on the ship why i'm in port,no way.What happens if god forbid something happens to you or your husband in port,you wind up in the hospital and the ship sets sail without you and your child is onboard.I'd rather have them with me than not.As for onboard RCCL is excellent and they even offer inroom sitting at night if you don't want to send them to Adventure ocean.Hope this helps.

We are going to do a mediterranean cruise with our 3 year old and I'm hoping I'm not insane! Which ship (NCL Jewel vs. RCCL Voyager of the Seas) has a better kids program? Will there be any other kids? What happens if they don't have many kids? We will be going in Aug. or Sept. 2007.

What about if DH and I want to go to port without DS. Do they offer babysitting? Would you leave your DS on the ship and trust the staff?

Any additional info. for anyone who has gone on either of these 2 ships would be great!!!

I've had experience with both RCCL and NCL kids programs and for us, RCCL was much better. Not to say that NCL was terrible or anything, there are many people here who will tell you that their children had a great experience with them as well. The NCL times are not as long as the RCCL times. And I don't think that NCL has in room babysitting.

You *can* go into port without your child. Would I? No, but that's just me. There are many families here that have left their child onboard while they went to port. It's a really tough call. For a child that age, being 3, you can never tell if they will be happy or not while you're gone. And if you leave the ship, there is no way to contact you if anything happens. :(

Either way, any cruise in the Med is a great cruise. :D

Archived