Speaking of room service...

When we were on AOS, we ordered pizza for room service. We had enjoyed the slices we got in the Cafe Promenade and decided to eat in one evening. I got on the TV, ordered three (what I thought were slices) of pizza for myself since I was pretty hungry and 2 (again, what I thought were slices) for DH. Let me just tell you that I don't think it specified exactly what size the portion was when you ordered. We ended up with 5 good-sized personal pizzas...not slices. LOL After reading a post about room service, this just kinda came to me out of the blue. I thought I would post this to make sure that no one else ended up making the same mistake. Of course, it's possible that somewhere on that screen it specified the portions, but I sure didn't see it. It was really funny looking back on it now.

Just off the Adventure and my son and girlfriend did the same thing. Ordered Pizza off the TV room service menu - 6 what they thought were slices - that goodness they got a call back to confirm and when the operator said 6 pies they were able to correct the order - we all had a laugh.

Didnt know you can order room service through the t.v. I thought you had to fill out papers?

Just off Explorer and you can order room sevice by tv, phone or fill out form for breakfast 24/7. It is the same food also and it is excellent! Our's always arrived hot with excellent service. Ordering breakfast the night before for days in Port makes for a great wake up call also! :) You may also order anything off dinner or lunch menu in diningrooms that is being served during those hours from room service.

Loved the whole pizza's story! Typical though as they are very generous with food. I ordered a couple of those big chocolate chip cookies with tea late on night and I got 8 of them I think! They did not go to waste as I ate the extra's for breakfast! LOL

This happened to me on Empress last year, traveling alone.

Filled out the card for room service breakfast, went to sleep.

Room service calls in a.m. to announce they are on the way.

Knock Knock!

Surprise!!!!!!

Cabin Steward is carring enough food for 10 people:eek:

Do you think someone had fun with my order card the night before?? i felt terrible but he assured me it would not go to waste!

This happened to me on Empress last year, traveling alone.

Filled out the card for room service breakfast, went to sleep.

Room service calls in a.m. to announce they are on the way.

Knock Knock!

Surprise!!!!!!

Cabin Steward is carring enough food for 10 people:eek:

Do you think someone had fun with my order card the night before?? i felt terrible but he assured me it would not go to waste!

Well at least you have an excuse. LOL There is no way someone tampered with my order card since I ordered all by myself on the TV. LOL

My sister did that the last time we were on Celebrity. She and her hubby were both starving, so they ordered 6 of what they thought were slices. The bewildered attendant showed up wondering why my sister, who weighs about 100 pounds soaking wet, would need 6 twelve inch pizzas.

I had no idea that some ships allow you to order room service from the tv! Do you know if you can do it on the Navigator? Does, it take longer or the same amount of time as if you called? BTW - I think this totally rocks! We usually fight over who has to call and place the order and who has to answer the door. LOL! At least we have one less argument!

I am actually guilty of fooling with someone's order form. Some friends traveling with us commented that they were going to order room service for breakfast and they were only going to get muffins because they were getting too much food at the Windjammer. Well... wife and I felt maybe they would want a couple of omlets ect. In the morning the kithcen called because they could not read the order form and confirmed the order. Although it did not work, we all had a laugh.

I am actually guilty of fooling with someone's order form. Some friends traveling with us commented that they were going to order room service for breakfast and they were only going to get muffins because they were getting too much food at the Windjammer. Well... wife and I felt maybe they would want a couple of omlets ect. In the morning the kithcen called because they could not read the order form and confirmed the order. Although it did not work, we all had a laugh.

LOL I will definitely be adding some things to my parents' order forms for our Freedom cruise!

Archived