Wine at dinner table?

joeb49

Just wondering if you buy a bottle of wine to have with dinner will they return it to your table each evening until it is gone? Remember doing it in RCCL but have never done it on Carnival. Thinking about it for this cruise.

Thanks for your answers in advance!!

Sue and Joe

We brought a couple of bottles of good wine on the cruise with us, which is allowed. The waiter is supposed to charge a "corkage fee" for this but ours did not. We tipped him extra at the end of the cruise.

We offered to share wine with our tablemates (just one other couple) and sometimes they had some and other times they did not. They had their own wine as well.

If you do not finish a bottle, your waiter will cork it and bring it out for the next meal at your request. Also we dined at Nick and Nora's on the Miracle and had a bottle of fabulous wine, which the sommelier arranged to have delivered to our waiter in the dining room and we enjoyed the rest of the bottle the next evening.

They are very accomodating.

I'm not sure that there is any proper etiquette but we always offer wine to our table mates if we open a bottle. It just seems like the right thing to do for us but I don't believe it's considered inappropriate if you don't offer. At our house, if you walk in the door, my DH is going to offer to feed you and get you something to drink! It's just in his southern genes. LOL

Usually, people will not be interested (or they bring or order their own.) On a recent cruise, an older gentlemen at our table had one glass every night and then after dinner, he always offered us a liqueur with our coffee. It was very nice of him although we certainly didn't expect anything in return and I believe we only accepted his offer on the last night.

Archived