Waffles that everyone raves about

mrstay

My waffles are coming up in 5 days. With melted butter and syrup.

I CAN;T WAIT. Only one problem, first CC class cabin and you cannot get waffles brought to the room. What to do, what to do.

Please somebody tell me the butler will bring the waffles that everyone is raving about to our suite. I have never sailed Celebrity and you have all made me crave waffles I have never even tasted. :D Tonight I shall dream of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.

Belgian waffles.

Now, I am in trouble... Crispy waffles with strawberries. Hopefully this is just a morning thing otherwise I think Crispy waffles with strawberries (we are talking fresh strawberries, right) and vanilla ice cream for my nightcap times 14 nights... now that is trouble.

DW and I sailed the Horizon for our first cruise and did not discover the waffles until the last two days of our cruise. The experience of fresh hot waffles with the water in front of you has to be one of the highlights of our cruise.

Now one of the cruise rituals we do is check out where the waffles are being served. These threads always have info. Glad to hear the Mercury has exceptional toppings..

Dreaming of 11 days of waffles and sea views.:D

In case any of you haven't discovered it yet, there is an hilarious thread towards the top entitled, "No waffles, do I deserve compensation?" or words to that effect. It will probably be near this one once I post and bump this one up. I just checked it again after last week and am still cracking up over the new pages. Everything you ever wanted to know about waffles, but were afraid to ask. :D

... Only one problem, first CC class cabin and you cannot get waffles brought to the room. What to do, what to do.
Do Both! Here's how:

• Order your CC breakfast to arrive earlier;
  • plan to go to the waffle station for what would be the equivalent of your 10:00 "Coffee Break";
  • then scurry down to the Cova to order your almond or chocolate croissant for "Elevenses" (the scurrying will wear off the calories);
  • Go to lunch later than 12:00;
  • show up for "Tea" close to 4:00;
  • sustain yourself with Sushi at 6:00;
  • Change your mind (and your outfit) three times while dressing for "Late" dinner and you'll burn off a few more calories;
  • Rushing to seats in the Celebrity Theatre will burn off a few more calories to make room for --
  • your Midnight Bites and you won't feel stuffed by the time:
  • your CC breakfast arrives the next morning!:D

• 1 month later...
Tammy,

The waffle station is located at what the Mercury deck plan calls the Palm Springs Grill. It's near the aft elevators and the Palm Springs Pool on the Resort Deck. At lunch time, the Palm Springs Grill is where the pizza, pasta and freshly made Cesar salad stations are located.

Thanks for the spot, I will be there in March singing in line:

The Waffle Song:

W is for the many ways you're served

A is for the admiration you deserve

F is because you're fluffy, flakey and fun

F is for flavor, you're second to none

L is for light, you melt in my mouth

E is for eggs !-oh baby

put it all together with a how do you do, WAFFLES, we love you!

WAF-FLES we love YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Lyrics by Swedish Chef;)

Thanks for the spot, I will be there in March singing in line:

The Waffle Song:

W is for the many ways you're served

A is for the admiration you deserve

F is because you're fluffy, flakey and fun

F is for flavor, you're second to none

L is for light, you melt in my mouth

E is for eggs !-oh baby

put it all together with a how do you do, WAFFLES, we love you!

WAF-FLES we love YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Lyrics by Swedish Chef;)

THANKS REHABBER:D :D :D

I think The Next Thing we need to work on is our COAT OF ARMS:)

What is "waffle" code for? I feel like it has to be something I'm missing. Is it laced with Crack? What the heck is making you people so crazy?

You know I'll be first in line to get them March 27th. Rehabber watch out.

Waffles bring back all the memories of a great start to every day of cruising on Celebrity. It's also nice and private on the deck outside the prep area, it's a cruise moment....ahhh!:)

BTW does any other cruise line have fresh Waffles?

Mapman,

I get up pretty early, being from the east coast with time zones and all. but we will see on the morning of the 27th. :D PS I am pre-tipping the Waffle Chef !!!

OK, here's a downer! Went to the DR yesterday. DH mentioned we are cruising next month and then mentioned the waffles. Uh-oh. got a big thumbs down from you-know-who. She finally agreed to 1/2 waffle if it had fresh berries. Thank goodness he did not mention the whipped cream!

OK, here's a downer! Went to the DR yesterday. DH mentioned we are cruising next month and then mentioned the waffles. Uh-oh. got a big thumbs down from you-know-who.

There are more old waffle eaters than there are old doctors, so I guess I'll have another plate of waffles. :D

Ships-Are-Great--do what I do to compensate for being "bad" on your cruise--take extra meds and walk an extra mile on the upper deck track. That's what I will be doing next week on my Mercury cruise to the MR. (You might also try ditching your blabbermouth DH at the dr's office next time). lol

I also plan to skip dessert at lunch and not ask the waiter to bring me something chocolate when it's not on the dinner menu. Of course, on Celebrity, they bring around the tray with the desserts, which makes it REALLY hard to resist, as opposed to just reading the descriptions on the menu. But we all have to make sacrifices for our health. lol

Hope this posts, as my last try didn't.

BTW the original waffle thread was inexplicably closed, but you can get to it by clicking on my name above any of my posts and click on View all posts by... Scroll down and look for the thread, "No waffles, do I deserve compensation?" Hilarious!

BTW the original waffle thread was inexplicably closed, but you can get to it by clicking on my name above any of my posts and click on View all posts by... Scroll down and look for the thread, "No waffles, do I deserve compensation?" Hilarious!

I've seen many Docs have waffles, just choose the good toppings when they are not watching.:D

Should we start the waffle thread again on the foodie site, it seems they can talk about anything there:rolleyes: . I think we can copy and paste the best comments.

I've seen many Docs have waffles, just choose the good toppings when they are not watching.:D

Should we start the waffle thread again on the foodie site, it seems they can talk about anything there:rolleyes: . I think we can copy and paste the best comments.

;) :D ;) But, please tell me where the foodie site is !

Archived