POH 10/30/06 Post Cruise Thoughts

caster

Still on vacation and just wanted to post some quick tidbits about this cruise

The ports of call on this cruise are great and we had a lot of fun in the ports

The comedian and magician were great.

Had a mini-suite and didnt find it much different from the balcony room that we had on the star. Don't see how an adult can fit into the bath tub.

The first two nights and the last night there is quite a bit of rocking that I havent seen posted about. The ship definetly grunts during these events. During dinner ( lobster dinner ) we talked to a waiter and he said its normal for these nights and recommended taking dramine. We previously were on quite a few carribean cruises and a mexican rivera and never experienced the rocking that we did on this ship.

The mini suite we were in you can hear all the toilets being flushed and wasnt too sound.

The food at the non-pay buffet and resturant ( italian one ) werent that great. This is the only ship that I ever encountered below par food. Jasmine Resturant, tex-mex and the alizar ( lobster dinner ) were great.

The crew was friendly, but the service wasnt like others. Room was barely turned down. The ship wasnt maintained like others, washing the balcony windows, attending to the trim outside, painting and cleaning up the rust spots. There was a broken window on day 4 in the buffet that was there when we left.

The ship encountered a episode of the Norwalk virus and they never official stated it. They played a video clip on tv and distributed a hand washing flier. Also, the buffet tables were sarron wrapped. When asked the crew about what was going on they just stated good hygenie. By the events and talking with crew we learned there were 30 cases.

We sailed on her Oct. 16-23. That window was broken when we were on the ship. You must have not noticed it the first 3 days. It was big picture window and I am sure not something they had available on the ship. Food is a matter of opinion. I also thought the italian resturant (Papa's) was very good. The buffet is fair to good, but definately not outstanding. They did have ribs a couple of times which were really good.

I was on the same cruise. The second night there was quite a bit of rocking. The last two nights I could hardly tell the ship was moving. This is a subjective statement in that everyone is sensitive in different ways. It also depends on where in the ship you are.

I totally disagree on just about everything else. The food I found to be excellent everywhere! :) The buffet always had a lot of food and a very wide variety. They let me know as soon as I asked about it about the illness of some cruise members and the pre-cautions they were taking. It's our first cruise so I guess we are not as finicky as the poster. :rolleyes: The service as excellent in Alizar on prime rib and lobster night as well as Cagney's, Jasmine, Papa's and Le Bistro. I never noticed the broken window and doubt if I'd make a big deal of it if I did. The ship was all like new and beautiful! Our room stewardess Jenny always had our room made up clean every day! This is our first cruise but I've been in many hotels including a 5 star hotel in The Philippines. I would rate the food and service at least as good as any of them. The buffet was better than what you will find in most of Las Vegas hotels.

The bath tub by the way is the same size as a standard tub in most houses or hotels. Fits one average size person just fine. I fit in it and weigh 210 llbs. Sorry, not big enough for two to lie down in.:p :D

hmmm I dont think it was standard. Im in a post cruise hotel and this bathtub is standard. That was mini.

Archived