Young kids on the Jewel for European cruise?

hunter6009

We are considering a cruise on the Jewel on a 7 nt. mediterranean cruise with our 3 year old son. What is the kids program like? Are there many children on board this ship? We would probably go in Aug. If we choose, can we go to port while our DS is on board and would you trust the staff to do so?

Any additional info would be great!

We can't choose between this ship and RCCL Voyager of the Seas which will be in the area, too.

Thanks!

My daughter was 5 when she first cruised and she loved the Kids Club.

Freestyle Dining also makes it better for families since you aren't tied to a specific dining time and, more importantly do not have to get dressed up. (since all formal nights are optional). The Kids Menu is great.

If you want to go to shore in port without your child, you have to pay for "group babysitting" since the regular kids club only operates while at sea. (and from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. at night. Daytime sea hours vary). I figure with a three year old, he is potty trained, but if the child is not potty trained, you cannot leave him on the ship while you go ashore because the crew does not change diapers. They give you a pager that only works on the ship and they page you when the child needs changed.

Even though I trust the ship staff (the Kids Counselors have always been great!), I don't think I could have left my daughter on board ship while I was off the ship. (especially in a foreign country) Too many bad things could happen.

Archived