Fire station in Georgetown

nicschick

Thanks everyone for your help!

I emailed the chief officer, but have never heard back, but it could be due to my firewall, so I will try again from another email address.

I tried another email that was given to me on another board however it has proved to be invalid.

I have learned there are 3 stations: headquarters station at the airport, one in westbay (which i believe is the one Las Vegas Non Rev is referring too), and another in the North Sound District. I haven't heard whether any welcome visitors or not.

Someone also mentioned a place on Seven Mile called Lonestar that has a collection of patches from all over the world.

• 3 weeks later...

You're on the right track. There are 3 stations on Grand Cayman, with headquarters being at the airport location.

Advanced contact is essential. I recently toured the main station as it was relevant to my new job. Our office arranged this in advance.

Most of the fire trucks are new. The airport station has several specialized trucks dedicated for an aircraft emergency. Additionally, they provide coverage from that station for a large portion of the island stretching from the edge of Bodden Town to seven Mile Beach near the cinema and Butterfly Farm.

Many of the old fire trucks on Grand Cayman were flooded and severely damaged by a hurricane a couple years ago. A few are still in service, mostly in the substations at West Bay and Frank Sound Road.

Hey nicschick,

So did you have any luck finding a fire station and getting a tour? I'll be down there at the end of January. Nice to hear I'm not the only firefighter who tortures his wife with fire station visits while on vacation. :)

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived