Oh....the anguish!

jerry49

Not me! I deserve to grouse. I mean, I'm a discriminating shopper who pays $100 per day to be on a cruise vacation, and for that I deserve the same courtesies and treatment I'm extended when I visit Donald Trump's home!

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek.)

Exactly, Jim! We're supposed to be Critics, dammit! Look for trouble. Move the furniture to find those dust bunnies, and examine the grout in the bathroom closely for any signs of mildew. Your own home is spotless; shouldn't a big corporation be able to do as much as you? Any sign of wear and tear is indicative of shoddy maintenance, poor management, and unmotivated staff. If you can't find at least 10 good reasons to dry-dock the ship immediately, you aren't trying.

:D

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! Well said, I cruise in 18 days and plan on having a blast! Don't care who wears what, don't care who "smuggles booze", don't care who gripes about their food. The only thing I care about is 7 days with my man, 7 days of no work, no house cleaning, no laundry. It would take alot for someone to put a damper on my vacation.:D

It isn't so much all the complaining on here that bothers me, but the fact that nobody ever seems to do anything about it! :rolleyes:

That being said, the "I don't care" attitude bothers me just as much as the "Everything stinks" attitude. The truth always lies somewhere in between.

Nothing ever got better (or even stayed the same) by people "not caring". Theres a big difference between being easy-going and being apathetic.....

Jape

Amen, Jerry! When I read some of the complaints from those who were on the same cruise as I was, I wonder HOW they could have been, since I have never really encountered anything on a cruise ship worthy of a complaint. It is vacation, time to take it easy, relax and enjoy! Of course, the world is full of unhappy people....how sad..

Jerry --

Glad you got that off your chest...

I, as well as others, have made the same statements but produced no results.

It's not going to change anything.

Days, months, even years you will see thread after thread about either sewage smell, missing port, or comments on buffet lines, and charging for Ice Cream.

Some passengers are born complainers. Then again, they would probably complain about anything and everything.

How about a new message boards --

Only satisfied cruisers welcomed here, complainer's should form their own victim's group.

You said everything I've been thinking, and said it much better than I could!

As I said in an earlier post, I've only been on one previous cruise. I want my next one in January to have that same feeling of excitement every day I wake up onboard.

We spend time on Maui every year but I've never slept better,ate better and relaxed more than on that cruise. I'd like to think that every cruise in years to come will be just as good..........AND if I can ignore the petty little things all vacationers experience no matter where they travel, I'm sure they will be.:)

I think all of us who have responded positively to your post should have our own "themed" cruise.......how about calling it the "What Me Worry" cruise.;)

Disneyland Pirates of the Caribean and Jungle Cruise. More than once.

Lake Tahoe Dinner Cruise

Peddle boats at Collins Lake

Catalina Ferry

Sausalito Ferry

Kayot party boat Starlight Cruise and Squawfish Derby

Some really big boats too.

Disneyland Pirates of the Caribean and Jungle Cruise. .................hey.......... I am planning a trip on these.......who was your captain and CD.......:D

From our first cruise on, our motto has always been, "Don't sweat the small stuff - and everything is small stuff." Rarely is anything in life perfect, including a cruise, so you might as well sit back and smell the roses. In life, you won't be here for a long time so you better be here for a good time. Quit complaining. Your message aptly points this out.

Denny

Wow! I knew there must be a kind of silent majority out there who do not feel the need to nitpick, bully, or browbeat to enjoy a cruise. I did kind of expect to get skewered by that group. Might yet. Meanwhile I am encouraged to find so many sensible and reasonable cruisers that as Kruising Katt said "pack good attitudes."

I don't really believe the petty grousing will go away, and maybe it shouldn't.

It does allow folks to let off steam. As a matter of fact if I was CEO of Grab Your Ankles Cruise Line I would tell you this. Please feel free to express your outrage regarding our free coffee, staff service, extra fees, deaf pursur, saved deck chairs, and fresh picked spinach. Then BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE...

like you always do. Oh yes, in case you plan to switch to our competitors, please remember that 50% of our customers swithed from them. For the same reasons. The industry feels your pain. See you soon. Heh, heh.

So, jepster, your right, nothing will change as a result of venting on these boards. However if it feels good yada, yada.....

I promise that if and when we find cruising no longer gives fair value for the dollar due to poor something or other that is actually the fault of the ship staff or cruise line policy I will not deter others by planting the seeds of doubt and airing it on these boards. We will simply plan our next vacation at a land based resort. It's the bottom line not the threads that get attention.

Geez, sponerob, I thought those rolling coolers were for dirty laundry.

Archived